Large Sailfin got caught in net

Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm so stressed out that I've got White Spot:(. As part of my fish migration project to a new tank as per the thread in my signature I got my large sialfin badly trapped in a net while catching him:angry:.

I struggled for almost 10 minutes to get him loose. Most of the time I just left the net alone to see if he would free himself, but matters only got worse as he trapped himself deeper and deeper. Eventually I had to cut the net to let him free.

Now he has a piece of net stuck in his mouth. I'm almost certain the stress caused will cause a white spot epidemic in my new DT.

I have no idea what to do to try and prevent it and in addition i'm not sure that the piece of net will come loose.

Any thoughts ?

Stress cannot cause white spot, it is a parasite - can the sailfin eat? you need to remove that piece of net really.

He can probably eat since its only a small piece. I'm going to try and take a pic.

Tangs are renowned for getting whitespot when they have undergone some form of stressfull event. I am lead to beleive that it has something to do with a weakened imune system.

I would think that the net should fall of its mouth. I heard of stories where Sailfins even swallowed elastic bands. Struggled for a few days, but excreted it after a while.

Back
Top Bottom