Lanzo's turbo charged super reef tank

o.k i just finished painting the tank black with velvaglo( spelling):p enamel.

i used spirits to get rid of all the oil marks ect and then i painted the tank using a roller(i had some lekker fun):)

What do you guys think, must i add one more layer of paint when its dry, or will one layer do the trick. The paint is quite thick and sticky.

Pics will follow tomorrow.

i got the glass to fix the overflow today.....guess what..........the couriers didn't handle the damn package with care!!!( cost me R200 for the glass,fittings and R180 for transport plus i waited a week for it), tomorrow i'm going to open a can of whoepass on them couriers.

how the hell do you brake a piece of glass that is triple bubble raped and covered in a box, with about 5 stickers on it that says.....HANDLE WITH CARE>>>FRAGILE:arghh::arghh:

Looks like ill only be able to do the plumbing next week:(

Hahaha, maybe 3 then, i did the painting thing just a couple of weeks ago, i gave 3 thick coats with a sponge roller and it still looked bit blotchy, but on the other hand your tank will be against a wall, right? so there wont be much light from the back... so maybe 2 will do :D

Hey Lanz what size glass is it and how thick give me a call and we see what we can do for you... No stop faffing and get this puppy up and running,

hey pete, any luck with mine :)

lanz, sorry about the bad luck

Hey Lanz what size glass is it and how thick give me a call and we see what we can do for you... No stop faffing and get this puppy up and running,

i'll give you a call, but the thing is the wholes are drilled at certain point, so that is why i wanted them to do it again,.

i'll send you the dimensions nou nou;)

hey pete, any luck with mine :)

lanz, sorry about the bad luck

Thats how it goes in reefkeeping tjom, things take time

The super 14 will be over before this tank sees water :whistling:

i hope not :)

Wow, R4000 for a 2m tank, that's cheap man

I love that skimmer.

Looking good thus far, keep us posted.

Im Very Glad I Got This Tank At That Price, But The Rest Of The Stuff Will Set Me Down A Couple Thousands

Im Now Going To Give It One More Layer

Hey Lanzo,
Did you paint the inside of your tank or the outside? I am not able to see pictures that are down loaded via photo bucket. so hence the questions. Did you use anything else other than the velvaglo paint?
Cheers
Shane

I'LL UPLOAD PICS BIT LATER, BUT THE LEFT,BACK PANEL I PAINTED ON THE OUTSIDE AND THE, RIGHT PANEL I USED ABS PLASTIC AND SILICONED IT ON THE INSIDE.

The external overflow is stuck to the right tank panel(i could have painted the overflow,but i don't want to look threw the tank into the overflow while watching my fishies swim):biggrin:

o.k new glass panel number 3 will be coming up tomorrow, i cant wait to put this glass in place on Wednesday.

please hold tumbs that it arrives in one piece :)

i most certainly wiil :)

Back
Top Bottom