Landy's Pico Coral Only Tank

Reaction score
So, I missed my tank at my new apartment too much, so I decided to invest in a tiny little tank to just keep some corals at my apartment :thumbup:

It's a little 17L Sobo "Plug and Play Tank" came with all the filtration and lighting. Only had to get a heater. (might eventually upgrade the lighting)

Started everything with dead rock and dead sand to avoid pests, added some ammonium chloride and been dosing seachem stability to get this cycle going. Already got 4 frags in my tank at home ready to arrive and hopefully I'll be getting more frags soon. Very excited for this little baby!

Reaction score
Very cool, I was considering similar for my desk at work.
Is that silica sand by the way? If it is, I herd it can cause issues? But don't take my word for it, I'm still learning :(

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Nice, what corals are you planning on putting in it?

Reaction score
Very cool, I was considering similar for my desk at work.
Is that silica sand by the way? If it is, I herd it can cause issues? But don't take my word for it, I'm still learning :(
It's not silica sand. It's Aquell's Natural Aquarium Substrate. It's pretty fine sand and I always love the look of fine sand even though it does blow around easily. I've never had issues with silica sand. My tank at home is a mixture of silica sand and live sand

Reaction score
Nice, what corals are you planning on putting in it?
The corals I have lined up are a toadstool, GSP, single head of a frogspawn and I have a tiny piece of monti I'm gonna try out. I have no idea what to expect from the monti. Looking for maybe some mushrooms too and possibly a pulsing xenia but I never see them anywhere anymore. Really just looking to stuff this tank with very small frags and let them grow in their time and trim them as necessary in this little tank. With such a mixed reef I know this tank is gonna be a lot of work, but I'm excited for the challenge

Top Bottom