Landy's First Nano Tank

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by VehanLandy, 5 Jun 2018.

1. Aqua noob

Aqua noob

Hey this is really great I really appreciate the diy in budget stuff you have done great bloody job.
    I’ve been in the same tight budget boat my tank is still bear bottom, running RGB LEDS from China mall, using salt shakers and plastic containers to make my skimmer, my pumps and wave makers are eBay cheapies but hey we 6 months still running smooth and my few corals grow. I wish we were closer coz I’d gladly give you some zoas and one or two other pieces. You must post in the wanted form, even if it’s for a few heads.

Could I ask you a massive favor, could you compare the difference between a single za1201L Vs both running on your tank. Even post a pic if you could. Ive been eying those units out and I may be able to get one end of this month and my system is a very similar size. Would 1 not be sufficient? What made you get two?

2. Guest

3. OP
    VehanLandy

VehanLandy

Thanks! I got two lights because of the length of my tank. The lights only cover and area of 40 x 40 and roughly are effective to a depth of of 45cm. Two would just make it cover the correct area due to my tank being 60cms in length and also the two lights together make it fine for some low light (referring to low light on the sps light range) sps even.

4. Wetty

Wetty Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea

In regards to adding a sump, get a hangon overflow. Theres a few on the market of various sizes.

5. OP
    VehanLandy

VehanLandy

Hey Everybody!

So I finally got something I have been searching for for a long time and I finally had a bit of money to spend on livestock! I finally got a Green Bubble Tip Anemone for my tank!

20180914_180130.jpg
    Went in about 20 minutes ago after an hour and a half drip acclimate. This photo was taken when I found out I can stick my S9 into my tank and take photos. Hopefully by the time he gets bigger I will have a functioning 350l tank! (opened a savings account just for it)

Recent Posts