Lactimar's small ocean

So my plugboard and electrics are done. Now i can start adding the equipment. Think it turned out pretty nice. Built the stc into the cabinet with an on/off switch and lights showing which mode is active.

DSC_1712.JPG
BRILLIANT JOB!:thumbup:

Looking great, keen to see if filled up! What tubing size did you/ will you use to connect return pump to inlet pipe?

So guys light units are up. Few questions.

Do i put the dual T5 unit infront or at the back of the tank?
What bulbs to i add to the T5 unit. Only has actinic and white in now i think. A suggestion was 2 ATI blue plus.
How long do i run them per day with the leds?
DSC_1715.JPG
DSC_1716.JPG
DSC_1717.JPG
DSC_1718.JPG
DSC_1719.JPG
DSC_1720.JPG
DSC_1721.JPG

What bulbs to i add to the T5 unit. Only has actinic and white in now i think. A suggestion was 2 ATI blue plus.
DSC_1715.JPG
DSC_1716.JPG
DSC_1717.JPG
DSC_1718.JPG
DSC_1719.JPG
DSC_1720.JPG
DSC_1721.JPG
Lekker man! Don’t know how long to run, mine only on at night for now but will run on a timer 10 hours/ day once I have coral. Will youtube intensity and colour spectrums to simulate something similar to nature.

Bought 1m of 25mm aquatube after you told me what to get :m106:
Pipingvof tank is what determined the size as the return pump comes with various fittings to choose from.

Connecting tonight.

my max 650 also takes around 25mm flexi - the DCP 10,000 i put in there i can max the pump out at 100% & the down flow can handle that amount fine without problems.maybe that much not needed but it can handle it, dunno how different or similar the setup is with those.

my max 650 also takes around 25mm flexi - the DCP 10,000 i put in there i can max the pump out at 100% & the down flow can handle that amount fine without problems.maybe that much not needed but it can handle it, dunno how different or similar the setup is with those.
Thanks. I have a dc 8000 but wont run it all out.

Lekker man! Don’t know how long to run, mine only on at night for now but will run on a timer 10 hours/ day once I have coral. Will youtube intensity and colour spectrums to simulate something similar to nature.
For the cycle i wont run lights and the first bit i wont run skimmer. Im also going to youtube and check international forums for the correct settings. Ill only start running the T5 unit as supplement when the coral collection is a bit more.

Great looking setup @Dian6430. Love the scape! I would run a actinic and a blue or purple plus in the T5. My T5 doesnt come close to the color my led produces in the corals when I pop the moonlights on but it performs quite well for growth. I would also put the T5 at the back because it lights up your room quite heavily so might irritate you a bit. Looking at your scape it will benefit your corals more anyway having it directly over them.

Great looking setup @Dian6430. Love the scape! I would run a actinic and a blue or purple plus in the T5. My T5 doesnt come close to the color my led produces in the corals when I pop the moonlights on but it performs quite well for growth. I would also put the T5 at the back because it lights up your room quite heavily so might irritate you a bit. Looking at your scape it will benefit your corals more anyway having it directly over them.
Thanks man. Appreciate the compliment. Im stuck between a hard place and a rock. Putting it at the back i dont know how much it will help stop shadowing from the leds. Cant put it right over the rockwork since its right under the leds then. Think the best would be to do that when tank is running and one can see what the differences are where the light is placed. Infront at an angle towards the scaping might be the best bet but ill see how it turns out

Reactions: Baz

DSC_1715.JPG
DSC_1716.JPG
DSC_1717.JPG
DSC_1718.JPG
DSC_1719.JPG
DSC_1720.JPG
DSC_1721.JPG

Wow this looks amazing, great scaping too

@tekkengal here are some pics of the sump layout of the reefer range. Inlet that goes over into 4 fitersocks. Then you have a moveable acrylic baffle that divides a big chamber into 2 sections of your choice of size. Then you have a baffle that you can set the height of the water in the whole sump with. Bubble trap and lastly the return chamber View attachment 191440
DSC_1722.JPG

@tekkengal here are some pics of the sump layout of the reefer range. Inlet that goes over into 4 fitersocks. Then you have a moveable acrylic baffle that divides a big chamber into 2 sections of your choice of size. Then you have a baffle that you can set the height of the water in the whole sump with. Bubble trap and lastly the return chamber View attachment 191440
DSC_1722.JPG
Second that. Was a bit at a loss for the correct jargon but mine is 99% copy-paste.

Back
Top Bottom