Kyles New Aquaria 37Lt Nano

Discussion in 'Aquaria' started by Aquaria-SA, 12 Aug 2012.

1. Aquaria-SA

Aquaria-SA Sponsor

My name is Kyle and I have just turned 10 years old. My dad owns Aquaria and I asked if I could have a marine fish tank for my birthday. I also wanted to put pictures of my tank on masa but I am still to young and my dad has to help me.My dad says I have to wait three to six weeks:( for the fish tank to cycle. I put arroginte sand in it and 3 pieces of rock. My dad showed me how to set up the skimmer and after that my dad showed me how to put sand in the deep sand bed and cheto. He showed me how to wash the ceramic rings and I put ammonia stones on the top of the ceramic rings. Then we mixed the salt water from dads RO machine where he keeps a big jojo can of water.I used my dads aquaria salt. Then my dad help me put the salt water in the tank. I then put the bacteria that stinks very bad. My dad says its good that it stinks because it works .I then plug all the plugs in and swithched on. The water was all milky and the skimmer was skimming wet. But my dad says I must leave it as it will settle in and water will clear. The next day the skimmer was better and the water is not milky anymore. I will show all of the people on masa more pictures when I start adding stuff.:thumbup:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Aug 2012
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aquetas

Aquetas

Hi Kyle. Welcome and all the luck

4. Aquaria-SA

Aquaria-SA Thread Starter Sponsor

My new Tank

Thankyou:)

5. 3dd

3dd

Hi Kyle, good luck with the new tank, can't wait to see what you do with it.

6. Aquaria-SA

Thank you

Thankyou I know my dad will be helping me , I can't wait to put my first fish in. but I want it to be nice so I must wait.

7. chikaboo

chikaboo

Welcome to MASA Kyle .... I'm sure DAD will have you going in the right direction ..... All the best with your tank and remember we all here to make sure you have a successfull tank .... no matter how big or small ..... tank or member:p .... we love them all:thumbup:

8. Tremayn

Tremayn

welcome! Sweet little tank you have there :)

9. Aquaria-SA

Thankyou

Thank you for all the welcomes:) I want to make this tank really cool then maybe my dad will let me get a bigger one like a 1m . but for now i have to wait and my dad says i can start thinking about what ii want to put inside it.there is just so much you can get and I know some fish cant stay i a small tank .

10. Ayoob

Ayoob

welcometomasa.

Have fun and Enjoy that cool nano

11. mandrin

mandrin

HI Kyle welcome .. Great tank you got there , ps i also had the
    Aquaria 37 L great tank .Well U learning from the best your dad.
    Cant Wait to see wat you add. Good Luck ps dont rush take it easy

Last edited: 12 Aug 2012
  12. chikaboo

chikaboo

Nah ..... The 1M will be almost the same as the 37 L :p Rather ask dad to just put the 3M in one time:tt2: Don't avoid what is going to happen in a little while in any case :lol: Plus you just tell him it will be an advert for him;)

13. Dorry

Dorry dorry

[​IMG]

Hi Kyle,

welcome your dad mention you want a marine tank, its your passion and hobby. know you gonne make a success. one day you can take over from your dad. Whish he want to sat up my marine thank. let me know if some nice stuff arive. good luck.

14. Aquaria-SA

Kyles new tank

thankyou to all of you:) it is my pasion and i love the hobby. I have always loved fish and love setting up fish tanks. I have helped my dad with his tanks and when he gets fish for the warehouse I help him some times put them in the tanks.:thumbup:

15. devesh.r

devesh.r

Welcome and all the best on ur tank.

16. Aquaria-SA

Thankyou

thankyou . My dad says I got a while to stil go till i can put my first fish. i cant wait:)

17. Greg Bridger

Greg Bridger

Welcome and good luck with your tank. Keep using that stinky stuff my tank seems to like it but my wife doesn't. She says it's far to stinky but so far none of the fish have complained.

18. Aquaria-SA

Updated Pictures

Hello everyone. I haven't had a chance to show how my tank is doing as my dad has to help me on the computer with the internet. He says im still to small to use the internet on my own and he has been very busy with his customers tanks and aquaria stuff.
    My tank is doing very good and I am happy with it but I want a bigger one now for this years birthday

[​IMG] I wanted a lot of fish but my dad said I can not have all the ones I want. he let me have small fish. I have 2 Percular clown fish , 1 cleaner shrimp , 3 chromis , 1 purple firefish ,1 midas blenny , soft corals , bubble anemone and a small tube anemone.
    [​IMG] I have been looking after it very well because I want it to do well. My dad helps me with the mixing of the salt water for my water changes. If he can't my dads workers mix it for me ,I am learning how to mix on my own but my dad still says I can't
    [​IMG]This is my bubble anemone and my blue tube anemone
    [​IMG] My clowns swim in the anemone and sleep in it. I think fish sleep but there eyes are open.
    [​IMG] when my fish eat my cleaner shrimp cleans my fingers for no reason and when I go to clean my tank all my fish come to the feeding hatch when I do not have food for them . They getting fatter and more greedy. my dads says the are healthy that's why the do this.
    [​IMG] I have 2 tube worms gold and brown. When my dad gives me red plankton the tube worms come out bigger I think they like it.
    [​IMG] My clown bit the chromis the other day when it went near the anemone , my dad says may be they will have eggs soon

19. Dorry

Dorry dorry

Hallow Kyle glad to see you back. Your nano looks great.

20. Aquaria-SA

Thank you Aunty Elise. I have lots of fun doing my fish tank , but I really want a bigger one . I asked my dad if I can get a bigger one for birthday he say we will see because we got so many fish tanks in the house already. I promised I will do the same with this tank if I get a bigger one because then I can have more fish and corals. I will still keep this one because it looks nice and I love the stuff in it.

21. Dorry

Dorry dorry

Hi Kyle, i agree with you. Me and you will work on your Dads nerves until he say yes. I saw you nano in your room and why i agree with you, your nano look :thumbup: and you a responsible boy. Your nano always spotless.:whistling:

Recent Posts