Kryo's Mini Nano

Kryofrozen

My fish have names!
Reaction score
Hi Guys Well this Nano Competition gave me the kick up the toosh I needed to start my mini nano project for my son, Miki. Photo's to follow next week, but here's the specs so far: 22cm cube (+-10litres) DIY Box lighting +-1Kg Fiji LR with some 'shrooms and Zoa's (From my existing Nano) Live Sand (from my main reef) Filtration: The cube tank has a built in sump effort with 3 separate partitions. A 50l/h return pump will be plumbed and a little activated carbon will be added to keep the water clean, since no skimmer will be attached. I am a bit worried about the little tank getting hot so it will be positioned in my office/fish room where I have an aircon installed and moved to my sons room in winter. 10% water changes will be done daily. Critters: I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking along the lines of a couple of small hermits and a shrimp of sorts... Maybe a baby nennie, if I can find a teeny one... That's it for now... Cher

sounds cool,waiting for the pics.you did say your sons name is Mekaeel isnt?and i see you call him Miki,same as what everyone calls me.

Wow, sounds like a very nano nano :p Can't wait for pics :p

sounds cool,waiting for the pics.you did say your sons name is Mekaeel isnt?and i see you call him Miki,same as what everyone calls me.

Yup, we just spell it differently - Mikhaeel, apparently that is the "proper" way of spelling it???? I originally wanted to spell it Mikhail, but I got gunned down badly by my hubby's familia!

we didnt realise so many ways of spelling your name...hey husband

It's spelt Michael in England.:) most folk call me Mick or Mike (amongst other things)

Photo's!!!!

Hi Guys

I managed to take some photo's of my mini nano... It needed a lot of cleaning which is why the delay in posting.

Here it is, I placed a teaspoon in front of it to give you guys a size idea. It is seriously a very small tank!

KryosMiniReef1.jpg

And for all you sump filter enthusiasts here is a close-up of the filter section!

KryosMiniReef-MiniSumpFilter.jpg

As you can see it is seriously in it's infancy, infact it's still just an embryo!

It will be up and running shortly... Tomorrow I will be painting a black back and bottom with epoxy meant for aquariums.

I went hunting for a small 50l/h pump today but didn't have much luck, I'm starting to think I may end up using an airpump type method. However I have to go buy a few things for the other animals in my household on Monday so I may find something then...

I managed to find a new globe for the DIY light fitting, a normal 11w 4000k cool white. I'll see how that goes, and how the 'shrooms and zoa's react to it... I may have to try and hunt down a lower wattage at a later stage...

So what do you all think? It's not set-up yet, but I think this little nano is going to be a very interesting project, since it will be very low tech!

Kryo

That is a seriously small tank, but looks good so far, I am sure with a woman's touch you can make it a stunning little gem, good luck with it.

The nanoest of them all. When i saw the spoon a spontaneous cute fell out my mouth.
A rising air bubble would cause some serious chaotic flow. Which leaves me thinking.... what are you going to use as circulation. And what will that sump be used for?

Last edited:
Looking good Kryo, my lfs has some 100L and hour pumps with flow restrictor for something like R35, I will check the name and let you know

Nice Kryo.

Would this not fall under the pico category? I would go with a 100 to 500l/h pump. T the return and direct the flow from the T into each other over the front glass to get some nice hectic random flow.

Back
Top Bottom