King Pump problems

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by smartegoutte, 7 Jun 2010.

1. smartegoutte

smartegoutte

I use a King 5 and King 6 as recirculate pumps. I have a reoccurring problem and would like to know if others have experienced the same?

The metal film surrounding the rotor starts to rust and lift off the rotor.

I bought the pumps from Northlands in Durban and they have replaced the rotors free of charge in both instances. My concern is that it will happen again. I'm also concerned what effect it has on the tank. Does this encourage green hair algae?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

Crap man, i use a king pump aswell and now u got me worried as i have to leave my tank for 3 weeks when i go to egypt :(

4. smartegoutte

smartegoutte Thread Starter

deadmeat apparently the older pumps had the normal solid rotor but the new ones are coated with a thin shiny metal strip.

Recent Posts