Killer SEIO...well, almost

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I got home this afternoon from work to find my tank slightly milky, hmmmmmm, now what? I think to myself.

Where's that anemone disappeared to? Could have sworn he was there this morning.....

Ok, so obviously the anemone wasn't too fond of me taking a lot of the rock out of the tank this weekend, so he decided to go on a walkabout and met Mr SEIO.

Saw this

IMG_1072.jpg

Went to the fish room to check out the skimmer and sump, wow, foam everywhere, ripped the cup off the skimmer, rushed to the kitchen, kicked the cat out of the way, screamed at the kids to leave home, emptied it out in the kitchen sink and put it back onto the skimmer. Took a deep breath, stroked the cat and told the kids they could stay.

Skimmer without cup

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

This is about 5 minutes after replacing the empty skimmer cup...

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

Foam on top of the water in my return pump chamber

IMG_1067.jpg

About 15 minutes after replacing skimmer cup

IMG_1085.jpg

Emptied the cup again, this is about one hour later, skimmer is slowing down

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

Thank goodness I have a decent skimmer.

Now for some pics of the anemone.

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

I am happy to say that I do believe the anemone will survive and be as good as new in a few weeks time.

Aiiisshh, nennies and pumps. I truly wish there was a nenny safe pump. Has somebody not devised a method of using a pump that a nenny can't get into?

lol

Reeftek TS3 modified with mesh wheel impellors and reef octopus pumps

thought it might hav been a reeftech or an octo. wicked skimmers. what kinda diff u get with that mesh wheel? u notice a diff?

ahhhhh, reeftek/ reefoctopus skimmers, hands down this countrys most value for money skimmer, and in my opinion one of the great hobby transformers in this country , purely as it had made it optainable to get a great skimmer........
good stuff viper, great shots.........
oh a little birdie has also told me there are some new top notch skimmer about to land here soon at wicked prices too...........so keep a heads up

ahhhhh, reeftek/ reefoctopus skimmers, hands down this countrys most value for money skimmer, and in my opinion one of the great hobby transformers in this country , purely as it had made it optainable to get a great skimmer........
good stuff viper, great shots.........
oh a little birdie has also told me there are some new top notch skimmer about to land here soon at wicked prices too...........so keep a heads up

I think this is the second time someone has mentioned new skimmers comming into SA . Its great that we dont have to fork out tons for Deltec, AM or Tunze etc... making the hobby a bit more affordable and accessible .

The vortech was a response to Alans nennie safe pump thought... I imagine vortech must be the most nennie safe because it doesn't really have a "suction" and I'd expect a nennie to retract or something if the touched the propeller.

rory my snails cant even get caught on a vortech, but i reckon it would chop a nennie up in seconds, its a propeller pump so it wont suck it in but rather pull it through:p

The nennie has perked himself up a bit, looking pretty good today.

Back
Top Bottom