Kessel 360 or Lumini Asta 120R1.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by EFJ, 1 Apr 2015.

1. EFJ

EFJ MASA Contributor

Hi all. I am stuck between these to options and cannot make up my mind. To those who have a Kessel or a Lumin Asta 120R1 can you please give feedback and a pic or two of how it displays your tank. Also pro's and con's would be appreciated. I am leaning towards the Kessil 360w but can't find enough reefers that are using the Asta 120R1 so it's a bit of an unkown to me. Thanks.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

my experience has been with the A360W, what size tank are we talking about?

4. EFJ

EFJ Thread Starter MASA Contributor

It's 1,5m long and 850mm deep and 500 wide.

5. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

850 is deep for most leds, they say it can get 3ft but you will need 2-4 units depending on corals and scaping etc

6. JS

JS

Go with the kessil....the lumini stuff is not even in the same league...i can share some more info with you if you are keen...but not on the forum...as i dont wane step on anyones toes...send me a pm if you want

7. EFJ

I was thinking of 2 units at least. I also saw on amazon that kessil have neat controllers also for their lights. @dallasg do you still use the kessils, how are they, what's the color like etc.?

8. Richard828

Richard828

hello, happen to browse your post.i wonder if you known about lumini Asta?
    However, i have one lumini Asta,email them to buy Led Aquarium light | Saltwater.Freshwater aquarium light | Luminiaqua actually compared with Kessil, lumini Asta has lots of advantages. i would like to share some my experience with you guys:)
    lumini asta is more powerful 120W than kessil 360 90 W.lumini Asta has larger cover area 60*70 cmcan illuminate as far as 1.5 m deep tank,when water depth 60 cm, the central PAR 300, ,while as far as i know,Kessil only cover approxi 40 cm *40 cm,100 PAR.
    this is the picture they sent me , which convinces me to try one, 4 pcs lumini Asta for a 2.4 *60*100cm tank:
    [​IMG]
    Kessil is not full spectrum,not good to SPS, lumini Asta has 4 separated channels , full spectrum,have a look at these SPS, they really grow strong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also like lumini's good heat dissipation.heat tube cooling, PWM smart fan, low noise to 14 db ,the max is only 20db,when you have one, i believe you would love this simple clean light.
    I have a 60 cm tank, only use one lumini Asta, i would change a larger tank later,then i can use more lights.you can daisy chain link as many lumini lights as you can,then only one wifi controller is required to synchronously control these lights.but i heard that kessil up to 5 pcs.i use Android phone to control previously, but now they advise me that the iOS app is available,already tried, it's very easy and convenient to control too.
    Anyway, thanks for your time.

loven and madmatt like this.
  9. EFJ

@Richard828 thanks for the info and pics. I actually went with a completely different light unit, the VERTEX Ilummina SR260. If you are looking at these cannon type of lights maybe consider looking at Orphek. Speak to @leslie hempel for a bit more info regarding orphek units.:thumbup:

10. Richard828

Richard828

Thanks, i always want to try something new, they told me the lumini Asta has been upgraded with one LCD added ,i think this looks good, check the picture:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recent Posts