Kenya Tree vs. Mushroom

Reaction score
I have a kenya tree that at night contacts and is resting against a mushroom coral.

Will either of them harm the other coral ?

i'm sure there will be a bit of warfare there

the kenya tree could be stinging the mushroom,try moving one of them

Same here - I only have problems with my torch-coral sometimes "Reaching out" and stinging my Kenya tree - but the Kenya tree is a very strong coral.... and is not really affected by this..... BTW: My big sarcophyton is also VERY close to my kenya tree, and my kenya tree sometimes touches the sarcophyton - without any negative impact on either (except that the polyps retract for a short while, but they come out again on both the corals)...

you won't have any problems.
my shrooms grows around my pincushion, but they don't like star polyps very much.

i think they will be fine.

I read somewhere that kenya trees dislike the presence of just about any other coral near or even `downwind` from them, hmmm, learn every day.

Here's a pic of where mine are located:
145483a4ef715f8f.jpg

AND:
1454839c300cedac.jpg

You will see that the Kenya tree is reasonably close to the torch coral, and RIGHT behind the Kenya tree is a rock full of hairy mushrooms, and JUST to the left of the Kenya tree coral my one singularia, and JUST above the singularia my sarcophyton.

BTW: The sarcophyton usually stands upright - it was just in a bit of a "sulking mood" when I took this pic...

If thats not a kenya tree then what does the real deal look like?

Guys please remember soft corals dont sting each other but do wage a chemical warfare where they try to poison each other. It is advisable to run Activated Carbon when running a softie tank that is densely populated other wise these toxins could build up in the water column.

Back
Top Bottom