Kenya Tree vs. Mushroom

Reaction score
I have a kenya tree that at night contacts and is resting against a mushroom coral.

Will either of them harm the other coral ?

Reaction score
i'm sure there will be a bit of warfare there

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Same here - I only have problems with my torch-coral sometimes "Reaching out" and stinging my Kenya tree - but the Kenya tree is a very strong coral.... and is not really affected by this..... BTW: My big sarcophyton is also VERY close to my kenya tree, and my kenya tree sometimes touches the sarcophyton - without any negative impact on either (except that the polyps retract for a short while, but they come out again on both the corals)...

Reaction score
you won't have any problems.
my shrooms grows around my pincushion, but they don't like star polyps very much.

i think they will be fine.

Reaction score
I read somewhere that kenya trees dislike the presence of just about any other coral near or even `downwind` from them, hmmm, learn every day.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a pic of where mine are located:
145483a4ef715f8f.jpg

AND:
1454839c300cedac.jpg

You will see that the Kenya tree is reasonably close to the torch coral, and RIGHT behind the Kenya tree is a rock full of hairy mushrooms, and JUST to the left of the Kenya tree coral my one singularia, and JUST above the singularia my sarcophyton.

BTW: The sarcophyton usually stands upright - it was just in a bit of a "sulking mood" when I took this pic...

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
If thats not a kenya tree then what does the real deal look like?

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Guys please remember soft corals dont sting each other but do wage a chemical warfare where they try to poison each other. It is advisable to run Activated Carbon when running a softie tank that is densely populated other wise these toxins could build up in the water column.