Kent Marine - MG

Discussion in '► Sponsor Request Forum' started by Charl_Stanhope, 25 Jan 2013.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

Any of the sponsors stock Kent Marine - MG and are willing to send to Hermanus.?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

BUMP! or does anybody know where I can find it. If you know of a non sponsor who does. Please pm me.

4. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Why specifically this product?

5. Charl_Stanhope

@irie ivan , I have a few frags with bryopsis in my frag tank.Its not spreading but I am not getting rid of it either.I have tried many ways and this is my last hope. Dont want it to spread. This seems to be a good way to get rid of it and want to give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  6. irie ivan

Ok, techM by Kent... Some anecdotal evidence that it does work... It does get frustrating when it gets onto frag plugs. Sams had some in stock not so loong ago and think I saw a bittle at his shop in Brackenfell too.
    Any pratleys putty on thise frag plugs? Had some batches of pratleys doing the same to me years back...
    Similar story with old liverock used for plugs... Partly why i went with silicon gun nozzles.
    Have you tried isolating the frag tank and whacking it with gfh and some water changes, obviously having some biological media running or probiotic dosing whilst its off line from rest of tank?
    I understand your frustration, and apologise in advance for pointing out the obvious: but what is your flow like in frag tank? Po4 levels and no3 in system?
    Lighting over frag tank?
    Have contemplated the mg thing few years back, but won the battle by taking a step bsck and tackling it the hard way...
    Perhaps when I am in Hermanus sgain I should stop by and come hav a look.

7. Charl_Stanhope

Sounds good,would be nice to meet you when you are around.Ill get a few :peroni::peroni:. Have a really basic frag setup,do very regular water changes(two 20%)per week,run nitrit-r and phosguard.Will check flow.Was thinking of adding another powerhead into the tank to increase the flow. Will do it in morning,Its definitely the old live rock,with pratley putty with the most gha and bryopsis on them. Im running the same leds over the tank as my Boyu. Also started dosing special blend a week ago.

I wouldnt mind trying the Kent -mg route to see if it really works. Just in case it ever happens to get into my DT.I am also ready to frag most of my corals in my Boyu as they getting too big,but dont want to risk putting them in the frag tank. The frag tank is completely seperate from my Boyu.

Ill give Sams a call in the morning. Im due for a drive over the mountain.

Thanks for taking the time to reply @irrie ivan.

8. irie ivan

Only a pleasure. Another possible cause that i eluded at could be coral mucus trapping nutrients, hence my q re flow.ucus is really potent stuff in terms of a nutrient sourse... If it doesnt get to skimmer, hmmmm green stuff grows!

9. Charl_Stanhope

Im definitely going to increase the flow. Lets hope it works before it spreads.

10. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Ive used aquavitro ions to get rid of my bryopsis - its what i normally dose my tank with and i just upped the dose slowly to 1650 , it did the trick >

So mabe try the mag supplement you have already before you buy more i think any mag should work , just need to increase it high enough.
    David

11. Charl_Stanhope

Thanks for an honest reply David. I am going to increase flow and up my mg using my current mg i dose.

Recent Posts