• 5+years

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 2-5 years

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
After reading this article http://www.reefs.org/library/article/r_toonen8.html
I wonder how well we are doing with our Nennies

Maybe we can start a poll to see what the average life span is RSA reefers can keep their Nennies for.

Accordsing to the article, Nennies are practically immortal in Nature while in our systems the best of the best struggle to keep them alive for more than 2 years...

So who has had their Nennie the longest?

Also the article raises a few very important points we all should keep in mind next time we consider buying a Nennie because they are "easy" to keep!

Lost a nennie to a 18 hour power cut. Was fine had him for a year in the (Family Tank) but he didn't come right after that.

Lost a nennie to a 18 hour power cut. Was fine had him for a year then poof after that just didn't come right ;/

Whilst power outages are a fact of life in SA, it may harm the poll to add them to the result, good/poor husbandry is the factor i would think that would achieve the desired result.

Ok - I will play - got mine now for around 14 months..... So far so good....

I think it's a case of keeping the nemmie well fed.... with enough light to have enough zoozanthellae IN the nemmie to "feed" the nemmie energy.... AND just ensuring that the nemmie does not "walk" into a power-head....

Except for having reef quality water.....

yip, i have had my share of nennies, had one and it died.
Then got one after him and he is doing very well almost for 2 years, i kept him alive threw his bleached time(months), then i added a florida pink tip to the same system and the 2 fighted very hard(chemical warfare). i got rid of the florida

Thats my experience with nennies:p

wow, who voted 5+ years? I want to see that anemone and that tank :)

5yrs here, my sand nenny with the same clowns from the start, still lay eggs every 10 days or so.

Nice going Alan, world class!!

Come people how did the rest of you do?

So far it seems we not doing to bad in RSA hey....but a far cry from immortal...

mines sucked up a powerhead after a week :(

three weeks of immence satisfaction, total hypnotic wonder and near heart attack three times.....

now why do i have a second fella in my tank??? no i did not subsicribe to dumb.com i just seem to get there on my own!

for the record I am hosting nennie 2 for a few days:)

these creatures r the most interesting around. can you believe they thought they were plants 100 years ago

Back
Top Bottom