Keeping a Nenie hosting my 2 sebae clowns

Reaction score
Hi Guys I have a TL-550 boyu 130L tank, and have 2 clowns and want to get a nennie to host them ??? what is the best !!!!

standard TL-550 nano lights ???? want to upgrade ???

Please tell me what to do ....

Going need to upgrade before putting in a nemmie.

Put in a coral, tank-bred clowns will host in almost anything

thanks guys for all the pics, but please tell me where do i start ??? what nennie and how much light ?? is my lighting from my TL-550 enough ???

thanks guys for all the pics, but please tell me where do i start ??? what nennie and how much light ?? is my lighting from my TL-550 enough ???

Your light is not enough, you need BIG lights for nemmies

Hi Sammy I see you are really adamant in getting a nennie, but please they are living creatures are are not the easiest things too keep, and can be a real pest in a tank that they are not happy with. I had one for 4 months and then 1 day he decided he was not happy and started moving. After destroying my rock work and getting covered 2 days later he fell in love with the one and only seio pump in my tank and that was the end of him.:(
One more thing the one I got was quite small at the LFS and after a couple of weeks he got as bit as a dinner plate.

ok, makes loads of sense, without decent lights try to host clowns with softies thanks for the link, quite nice to know that clowns can be hosted in softies :)

I have two bubble-tip nennies in my Boyu 550, standard lighting, and they're doing very well indeed. Feed them a bit (calamari) to make up for the non-ideal lighting. As mentioned, powerheads are the biggest problem. Make sure you cover it properly, perhaps with a stocking.

Q

Going need to upgrade before putting in a nemmie.

Put in a coral, tank-bred clowns will host in almost anything

have you not learnt yet that clowns kill corals??? or was that actually you?? :)

Sammy, please also think about pumps and the likes before you go nennie route, read lots before you get him. I have one and as incredible as the fella is, i have sleepless nights worrying about him....especilly moving into pumps and souping himself. And i have 800l for him to wonder in before he touches a pump....

research fella:)

Back
Top Bottom