Keeping a Moorish idol

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Nemo321, 19 Jul 2013.

1. Nemo321

Nemo321

Hi guys I had a Moorish Idol and it started to finally eat then one day it just stopped and got white spots on it and died, I was told that I should buy 2 moorish idols so that they have company, any ideas on this or is it a load of BS :thumbup:

:1:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ml.RIDWAN

Ml.RIDWAN

I believe its bs! I had 2 was also told they like co but reality is for a week they seem fine and the next once they settle in fighting starts. U will notice one will have a hard time eating and eventually perish. Or da dominant one will kill it. This is my personal experience. Others might have other views.

4. dv8

dv8

i must agree, inmy experiance they fight if you have two, if you have more then they all gang up on the weakest one till its dead and then go on to the next weakest and so on. as you live in PE it should be easy for you to get moorish to eat, there favourate food is sponge. especialy the blue one from flat rocks, or just put a small rock from flatrock with "stuff"on it for them to peck on all day. i have had good success with getting them to eat my home made frozen food, i roll it in norrie ,kinda like a sigaret ,i also add consentrated garlic to this and then tie it to a rock with an elastick.

i think a reason for them to sometimes just stop eaghting is drop in temp, or big change in water parameters?

5. S2

S2

I can't tell from experience but from what iv read is good water quality and space and the fact of having two instead of one would increase your chances is bs cos they will end up fighting because in the ocean there is enough swimming space for them not to be in each other faces

Recent Posts