Keenreefer84's 1,8 ton Underwater Wonderworld

Reaction score
Hey guys! marking the start of my latest build, will be posting as i go along! Any and all advice would be very much appreciated!

The tank has arrived, it is a 2,3m x 70 wide x 75 heigh DT ( 1210 litre) with a 1,5m x 59cm x 50 high (350 litre) sump. Building a 90 litre R.O. tank with ATo unit. The plan is a 10000 litre per hour DC return pipe, but i am contemplating going 15000 or 18000. Thoughts on this?

Furthermore, The skimmer i ordered has arrived, Reef octopus SRO-5000 INT, rated for 2400 litres. Filling up with Red Sea Coral pro salt, 3 x 22kg buckets already purchased, 3 Jager 300w heaters will be running. About 70 litre Refugium as part of the sump design. 3 x 50mm pvc pipes will be draining the tank into the sump through Bubble magus ARF-1 Automatic sump Filters. Aiming to run Coarse sponge into first compartment, the fine sponge and Seachem matrix, second compartment skimmer, 3rd compartment refugium which will be followed by a bubble trap into the last chamber which will house the return pump as well as a reactor or 2. Reef octopus OR-150 Ozone Reactor will be run outside of the sump, powered by a Aqua medic 200mg Ozone generator. I already have 2 Vortech MP 40 pumps running in existing system, another one will be added alongside a Vortech MP60 which should cover the flow. The lighting i will be using 6 Ecotech Marine Radion G3 pro's, already purchased, 2 currently being used on existing system. I currently have a Jebao 4-stage doser running, but will be replaced with apex dosers at a later stage. Every thing will run through a Neptune Apex controller which should arrive in the next few days.

If there is anything i have'nt covered or you guys think should be added, please comment.

Thanx alot guys in advanvce! pics will be uploaded shortly

KXPE5689.JPG

PPNG8815.JPG

IMG_8522.JPG

IMG_8529.JPG

IMG_8530.JPG

IMG_8525.JPG

IMG_8527.JPG

Last edited:
This is very exciting, looking forward to the updates. Great job so far!

Nice tank. Just a question regarding the wooden flooring, are you sure it will carry the weight of the tank? Just curious.

Another thing that I would have changed is adding small feet to the frame to lift the bulk of the frame off the ground because the only guarentee in this hobby is that you are going to get water on the floor and the stand will rust. The rubber mat (?) will keep the water off the floor but not from under the frame.

Otherwise very nice tank and equipment

Last edited:
Nice tank. Just a question regarding the wooden flooring, are you sure it will carry the weight of the tank? Just curious.

Another thing that I would have changed is adding small feet to the frame to lift the bulk of the frame off the ground because the only guarentee in this hobby is that you are going to get water on the floor and the stand will rust. The rubber mat (?) will keep the water off the floor but not from under the frame.

Otherwise very nice tank and equipment
Hey! it does have adjustable feet for levelling, so when it is in its final place i will level it out and then lock the nuts in place. the rubber mat is to keep the feet from leaving marks on the floor, ive always done it with my tanks! thanx for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom