Kalkwasser

I'm using RedSea test kits...

OK - I too have used them for alkalinity. BUT - I am sure that some of the other folk here on the forum will probably contest this ;-)

Test again around 3pm - if you can, then let us know what the outcome is?

Will do... Ok this is of topic but i need to collect sea water... I heard the RI not giving out water of Red Tide, this true?

OK - that I don't know - perhaps our fellow member 459b can answer that question, as he works there sometimes....

I am also wondering about the 2 Oceans Aquarium - are they currently allowing water to be collected?

Well it was on the radio 3 days ago... Abalone already been spotted on the shores at Melkbos... I need 50L and not member at 2OC....

Yeah - I know about the abalone, and possible red tide issues. Just wondering whether red tide actually affects the Table Bay area as well - specifically the area where the 2 Oceans and the Research Institute collect their water from.

Perhaps I can see if I can contact someone there.

Wonderfull vodacom dont allow me from calling out:angry:

Tested my pH and dkh... ph 8.1 almost not yet but higher than 8 and dkh still al the way at 7....

Ok - Cool, Jason - add some more tomorrow.... Perhaps a teaspoon in the morning (seeing that it's Saturday) and a teaspoon in the evening.... Then test again Sunday morning and report back.

Jason - I have tried calling the peeps at RI - no-one was available. I got hold of their cell-numbers. BUT, they probably knocked off already from work.

Will do, thanks Jacques...

I will try to phone in the morning, hope there will be someone then...

Hi Jacques, totaly forgot about this thread... :whistling:

pH 8.4, alk 9, Ca 400... I add every second day a half a taespoon baking soda and 10ml of Gebluste kalk mix... Thanks for all the advise... As you can see it payed off...

Thanks Jacques :peroni:

Jacques ive just made up ur mixture of slaked lime and vinigaras u said in this thread,very nervous to use but im sure its safe another question is baking soda is that ur normal bicarbonate of soda

No baking soda is not the same.
Sodium bicarb is something else, a brand would be eg. Robertsons

No baking soda is not the same.
Sodium bicarb is something else, a brand would be eg. Robertsons

Baked BiCarb aka washing soda is the only other pH/Alk modifier that should be use, other than Kalk and BiCarb

Becareful not to use baking powder.

so can i use normal bicarb (koek soda)to adjust my dkh forgive me for all the questions but i must be sure

Yes. Thats assuming that your dKh (alkalinity) is low. ie below 6.5. Raise your dKh to the recommended level and then revert back to dosing just with Kalk; or another means of balanced addition of alkalinity and calcium.

Back
Top Bottom