Kalk Stirrers

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
I got one of these second hand, best way to use it? and how?
14424b0150e0c8403.jpg

You connect it through your auto RO top up system. Incoming pipe from RO pump into the pipe going all the way down. The outlet pipe from kalkstirrer must drip into tank.
Add a bit of kalkwasser and fill with RO water. Put the pump on a timer to mix the kalkwasser for 1 min every 3 hours or so.

thanks Tobes!

You connect it through your auto RO top up system. Incoming pipe from RO pump into the pipe going all the way down. The outlet pipe from kalkstirrer must drip into tank.
Add a bit of kalkwasser and fill with RO water. Put the pump on a timer to mix the kalkwasser for 1 min every 3 hours or so.

Thanks Tobes

Thanks Dallas, I was gonna ask this at some stage too as I got exact model :)

Just to add a little to what Tobes has said.

1) Set your top off to only top up when the lights are off. this keeps pH a little more stable. Make sure it drips not runs in until water level is correct. If your tank is evaporating 2 ltr a day then set the drip rate to fill a plastic 2 ltr bottle in about 6 hours. Adjust drip rate according to usage. One should start the dosing/top off about an hour after lights out and to end before lights on.

2) Set the timer on the stirrer motor so that it does not stir when you are dosing. This prevents undissolved Kalkwasser entering your tank. Also if you are using a Peri pump it protects the pump tubes.

Very important piece of kit addition you got.

Back
Top Bottom