Juwel

Dorry

dorry
Reaction score
Hi, i starting with a new tank. Juwel 1.5 m. Running more than a year. This is my seahorses and pipe fish tank only. 2 ponies in eating frozen mysis and hatch brine shrimps. I had a few live rock in last nigth i saw a few brisselworm took all rocks out en murder all the worms. In the tank lots of cleanup crue. I wish i can get some more ponies ( tank bred ) .copepods and anthropods,bye or catch those tiny things where. Slow water movemint , protium skimmer, canester filter and one filter in tank with only diffrent sponges in. Lots of sea plants and hatching posts.

i saw a few brisselworm took all rocks out en murder all the worms.
why. They are part of your clean up crew.

System sounds nice. Any pictures?

Hi RiaanP, I know they part of clean uo crew, there are plenty other cleanup crew. My big tank, plenty of brisselworms. there sting is verry painful, that i can tell you for sure. Plenty of this brittle seastar and cleaner shrimps. Thank's i post pic,s on sunday still need some more green plant depends on the whether.

Hi, got some pics of juwel . Still have to put more green plants in.
picture.php

picture.php

Hi, i bought 3 black ponies yesterday. First got some stuff off the rock on low tide. This morning start eating on mysis. ( wild caught ). I spend half the night with them.i gave them live brine shrimps mixes frozen mysis., a verry low waterflow, at fist thy ignore mysis and after a few seconds they start aeting the mysis. Load the pics to night

Juwel tank. (ponie tank.) i bought 3 black seahorses yesterday not tank bred after i spend most of the night in front of the tank and today, in and out with my hands with food (mysis). this afternoon they start eating mysis out my hands. lood some pi's.

Hi, al the juwel tank ( seahores ) need now is 2 pipe fish, i wait a month or 2 then and them.
Just want to make sure everingthing settle in nicely.

Hi, It is just a seahorese tank, only cleaner shrimp in with them and a coral gobie. this tank running for a year and my first 2 ponies now 6 month in the tank. I bought 3 more, only 1 male and 4 female. get some more male later. one is a pair. my biggest problem when thye want to spawn. still reading up on that. The breed Kudu seahorses. All i want to and with them is 2 pipe fish. I got pipe fish in my big tank 1.

Hi Dorry. It's looking good. Do you mean "Mysis/Mysid" shrimp that you feed the horsies? Are you feeding live or frozen mysid/mysis?

Also - I would not suggest "not feeding them on Sundays"..... in the wild, these animals eat CONSTANTLY! I know - I had a few too in a 1.2 metre Jewel aquarium (as well ;))....

They do not have stomach's, and their digestive system goes straight from their mouths, to their anuses.

So - they NEED to feed constantly, else they will not survive.

Good luck in keeping these beauties alive! I had mine for a year, before they died :(

The yellow'ish/green'ish one with the stripes on the tail, is called a "tiger tail sea horse". I had two of these....

Hi jacquesd, I am feeding them frozen mysis. sundays off day for me and them. one male 4 female. I feed them with my hand 3 times a day, they starting to loock for food in the live rock aswell. My fist ponies i had yellow one's for 4 year had to part from them. for me all ponies are beauties

Very cool always wanted ponies, Just to pricey when they get to LFS in cpt.

Hi jacquesd, I am feeding them frozen mysis. sundays off day for me and them. one male 4 female. I feed them with my hand 3 times a day, they starting to loock for food in the live rock aswell. My fist ponies i had yellow one's for 4 year had to part from them. for me all ponies are beauties

Good to know Dorry that you have been keeping sea horses for such a long time. Good show then in keeping them alive for such a long time! :thumbup:

Nice tank @Dorry, as @Ayoob said they pricey down here.

Hi Ayoob, they not exspensive, you pay more for your sps and lps as for ponies.

Here its other way around, or at least at the shops Ive seen them at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jacquesb, the problem i have if the male gonna spawn i dont want to lose babies (fry) because i didi'nt do my homework. I need to find some one who raise babie seahorses.

Back
Top Bottom