Juwel Trigon 190

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks' started by Smithers, 10 Jul 2014.

1. Smithers

Smithers

Seems like if you have a spare space in the house you need to fill it with a tank. I have an awkward corner that is screaming for a tank. Luckily my parents wanted to get rid of their Juwel. I made the ultimate sacrifice and said I would take it, it's what any good son would do.

@Racoon has run her Juwel tank very successfully with basic equipment and I am hoping I will have a similar experience with this tank.
    There will be no sump and I will just utilise the standard internal filter as well as a few extra bits.

I managed to get a Tunze 9004 skimmer from @Anita, skimmer is rated up to 250L, the tank holds 190 but once you have aragonite and rocks I would imagine that figure is substantially lower.
    I will also be using 2 two little fishies reactors for carbon and phosphate as well as a canister filter (Has a built in UV light, that is the main reason for me using it) filled with ceramic beads)

The standard Juwel lights are not the greatest to I am hoping to use my Razor, saying that I just need a nice way to mount it due to the shape of the tank.

Flow - Vortech mp10 and possible Seio's

Argonite - I am trying out the Red Sea Reef Pink live aragonite, roughly 20 kg's.

Currently I am not sure how I will be stocking this tank, I am leaning towards an SPS and LPS dominated tank.

So that's it for now, I will take some pics on the weekend once it is all in place

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Enjoy the setup.

4. Wesd

Wesd

well it definately takes up that empty corner, think we're in for a cracker with this one ;)

5. Titus

Titus Reefneck!

Tagging along, should be interesting.

Cheers
    T

6. Smithers

Smithers Thread Starter

So this was the tank just after the bath water fish came out.
    [​IMG]

Quick wash and scrub and the painting started. I had left over paint from my other tank and I like the colour so I figured why not!

[​IMG]

Added some water then the live sand.
    [​IMG]

And all full.
    [​IMG]

A few days later and it started to clear.
    [​IMG]

7. Smithers

Smithers Thread Starter

I have decided not to use the Razor as it just does not fit nicely at all. I am hoping to get the Pacific Sun Triton R2. They are pretty amazing lights.

8. hansiemyburgh

hansiemyburgh

Nice, tagging along.....

Recent Posts