Juwel Lido 120

Adi

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up a Nano (primarily due to space & budget constraints) & can get quite a good deal on a Juwel Lido 120. Has anyone used one as a nano & if so any advice? Alternatively, any suggestions as to a suitable option for a nano?

Thanks

Thanks, I just had a quick read.

Had differing reports regarding whether one needs to add additional powerheads, skimmers, etc & just wondering as the 3 different stores I've approached have given me 3 different opions so am basically trying to suss out the sales talk from the fact.

Any advice appreciated.

Have you got a link to what this tank looks like and what it's got in it? If we can see the tank and it's goodies then we'll be able to help you a lot better.

A LFS has a lido 120 and it is doing well, but IMO you do need to replace with the marine tubes and reflectors, a good skimmer(like a red sea prizm) and a extra power head. I've actually never seen mushrooms that big! my 2c

I know the tank you're talking about, very nice set-up. Actually the main reason I started considering the Lido rather the a Boyu or JBJ

I think the Boyu is very restricting... can't change the lights and skimmer.... thats the problem with these "all in one" systems. IMO

What's your take on building a tank with same dimensions as a Lido just deeper to allow for a rear sump?

Any idea whether you can just buy a lid for a lido?

Adi - rather that use a lid go open top with a metal halide. If you have a sump just hook up an auto topup and you're good to go. Bit of evaporation isn't a bad thing ;)

better of just to buy that instead of building one, to build one with that finnish will cost 2 twice as much, to start of with its good and to learn the ropes. you could alway make / but a hang on overflow and we could build a sump that fits next to the tank or perhaps inside the stand, I'll try sus it out tomorrow..... what you think?

Back
Top Bottom