Just saying hi to all

Reaction score
Hi Every one, just started with marines and are still not clued up yet.
by the look of things i would get all the help i need right here.:slayer:

masahello NICO

What have you got so far?

Hello to MASA Nico. I am glad that you are taking the 1st step in the right direction!

Please tell us more about youself - where you are, what experience you have in total regarding keeping fish (freshwater?), etc...

Hope you won't be a stranger now - participate actively... no matter how many questions you may ask.... please ask before making any decisions (either on your own, or due to a suggestion made by a LFS)....

welcometomasa dude.

Well i'm in Bloemfontein, been busy with fish keeping since 1998 on and off tropical fresh water. i had a 3ft tank that was matured(one fish) recently got a 4ft and transferred everything to the new tank. the setup is a 4ft tank with a 3ft sump with build in refurgium. the tank it self got a sea sand bed, hope i'm still in the right direction. Any sugestions?

Pictures would really help us give you advice :D

Bloem, man you have 2 brilliant reefkeepers there, Ed and Hennie(reefmaniac) I know they have meetings every so often as well.

But it sounds like you on the right track:thumbup:

Welcome to the forum Nico.

Yip, get in touch with Reef Maniac (pretty sure he will pop in soon and say Hello), he is an absolute wealth of knowledge and is in touch with a lot of other marine hobbyists in Bloemfontein.

Hey People, can any one tell me where i can get some marine plants (alge) for my rifurgium.?

Hi Nico - have a look around on the forum for the threads that mention "chaeto" or "chaetomorpha"..... Chaeto is a macro-algae that you can use to "scrub" the water of all nutrients....

Hi Every one, just started with marines

Hi Nico, ja boet, WELCOME :)

I know a few Nico's here in Bloem - so watter een is jy :)

We have our next Bloemfontein club meeting this Sunday (3/2/2008) at 15:00, you are welcome to join. There are quite a few active members, and we all like to help (and of course brag about our tanks :whistling: ), so send me a PM if you would like to attend (meeting is in Langenhovenpark)

Hey People, can any one tell me where i can get some marine plants (alge) for my rifurgium.?

I will gladly give you some caulerpa - it's not as good as chaeto, but still works very well in a sump/refugium (I would not recommend using it in the display tank, though...)

Hennie

Welcome to MASA Nico!

Back
Top Bottom