Just did water test

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just did water tests and my Nitrate is a bit high I still need to test Calcium and PH. Do you think the Nitrates will be an issue?

Nitrate = 15
Phosphate = 0
Alk = 11.5
Amonia = 0

What is you setup and livestock in the tank? Closer you can get to 0.25 -0 for nitrates the better.

Maybe also try and test for nitrites as it is part of the cycle.

What is you setup and livestock in the tank? Closer you can get to 0.25 -0 for nitrates the better.

Nitrates must never be 0. Numbers 2 - 5ppm should be fine for most mixed reefs. Even with SPS you dont run 0 nitrates or phosphates.
Most LPS and softies do better at 2 - 5ppm nitrate and PO4 in the region of 0.06 to 0.09ppm

Last edited:
Thank Guys. I have a 60x60x60cm cube tank. And my stock at the moment is only a few corals. Hammer; mushrooms; toadstool paly's and cabbage leather. No fish at the moment. I will try to get the nitrates down to the range of 2 -5ppm as Joshua1 suggested.

Nitrates must never be 0. Numbers 2 - 5ppm should be fine for most mixed reefs. Even with SPS you dont run 0 nitrates or phosphates.
Most LPS and softies do better at 2 - 5ppm nitrate and PO4 in the region of 0.06 to 0.09ppm
Very true.. Common misconception that nitrates n phosphate must be 0. Think more corals get killed by hobbyists chasing 0 phosphate than anything else

Back
Top Bottom