just a question

Reaction score
what are the different types of colours that sps change to ie
If they brown what does it mean?
If they are going white what does that mean?
Are there any other abnormal colours that sps can change to?
Just wanting to know what to look out for and if so what must i do to correct the change?

Mikes sps is going to start soon. :yeahdude:

K Just to check is there anything else that i need for sps. the list of stuff i have.

1) Lighting

150 watt MH
2 25watt t5 reeftek actinic
Possiblitiy of putting another 38 watt t5 depneding of if you guys think it is nessesary?
ps tank is 39cm deep and however also has a very erritating black support bar that is 4cm wide in the middle of the tank.

2) Filtration

1st skimmer
Algae scrubber, DSB, getting Chaeto shortly
whating to know if i must still make a diy phosphate reactor if i have a good algae scrubber?

3) Flow

Resun wave maker 15000
Sieo 820

4) food

tropic marin: pro-coral zooton

Go with the PO4 reactor. If you have no PO4, then cool, the media doesn't get used. But if your scrubber fails or crashes, then what ?

Mike, you have a nano right? Might want to check the size of the Resun wave maker 15000 they are quite large.

Go with the PO4 reactor. If you have no PO4, then cool, the media doesn't get used. But if your scrubber fails or crashes, then what ?

how fast should the flow be for the diy reactor i want to connect it to my return pump. And what PO4 remover do you reckon. Hopefully not an expensive one :thumbup:

how fast should the flow be for the diy reactor i want to connect it to my return pump. And what PO4 remover do you reckon. Hopefully not an expensive one :thumbup:

You will need to have some sort of control on the flow, as most PO4 removers don't like hectic flow, but more of a tumbling action.

Sorry most are expensive, Phosban, AM etc.

If they brown what does it mean?
If they are going white what does that mean?
Brown means they are alive and well, just not in optimum conditions in order for them to colour up.

White is normally a sign of the SPS dying off, can also be RTN or STN.

You will need to have some sort of control on the flow, as most PO4 removers don't like hectic flow, but more of a tumbling action.

Sorry most are expensive, Phosban, AM etc.
how much we talking here.
Plus has anyone seen good instructions on how to make one. i have seen some instructions just want to compare.

Another option for po4 media is to place in a stocking and keep it in your sump.

what are the different types of colours that sps change to ie
1.If they brown what does it mean?
2.If they are going white what does that mean?
3.Are there any other abnormal colours that sps can change to?
4.Just wanting to know what to look out for and if so what must i do to correct the change?

Mikes sps is going to start soon. :yeahdude:

1. High nutrients is usually the cause or it could just be a brown acro.
2. If the tips are white, it is new growth, but at the same time a white tip can also mean low alk causing damaged tips.
3. Not really. Just very light or dark.
4. Keep a close eye on water parameters. Also make sure the water parameters are in order, strong flow, strong lighting, heavy skimming.

Back
Top Bottom