Just a few Questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by dan2381, 6 Aug 2009.

1. dan2381

dan2381

1. Im moving my tank about 10metres across to a bigger space and during that time i will b modifying my sump for a DSB (finally), i was just wondering how long i could run my tank without a filter and just powerheads, im rating it will b without filter for a day and a half, has anyone done this?

2. I've heard about Algea scrubbers and am very interested to find out how they work and what they look like, as well as if mayb i could install one into my sump, so i would need 2 know the size of the scrubber, my sump is 700 x 450 x 450, as well im leaving 250mm for my TS2 skimmer, and as much space for DSB as possible, or mayb i dont need a scrubber with the DSB?

3. A question on NSW, The 2 oceans aquarium is down the raod from me and id like 2 know if their water is high quality and if anyone has tested for nitrates phosphates etc to see? anyone know what the membership pricing is as well?

Any help will b great.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. trad

trad Fish, thats the word!

doing large water changes you could keep you tank without a sump, The water conditions my not be very stable however and there may be complications.

4. Tony

Tony

Put your heaters in your main display and run your powerheads to that the tank is oxygenated. Does your tank have live rock?

5. marine101

marine101

The only high thing in 2 oceans water is infact nitrates and Phosphates. That said i have used only thier water for the past 6 plus years. Depends what u wanna keep?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Jaak

Jaak

Agree with Tony. I've recently stopped using 2 Oceans' water and started collecting my own and my tank has made a 180 turn for the better. My corals look better, my parameters are more stable, etc.. I used to struggle with phosphates from their water ans their salinity at average is around 1.028. Your decision though... Annual membership is around R190.

7. Johan van Aardt

Johan van Aardt I love marines [R.I.P.]

Couldnt you collect at the research institute too? As far as i can understand the water qaulity is better there you dont pay anything and it is allowed again(info compliments of a friend that works there)

Recent Posts