J's Pico - Ibox Nano

JS

Reaction score
Hi

I was given this by a good mate, and its been standing around for a while. Decided to start it up, as I want to move it to my office in the near future.

Wanted to keep it simple, but it has now become a bit of a addiction....:)

So far what, what I have going:

Ibox Nano - ID8

50w heater - to be replaced with Hydor slim heater soon.

JED Light LED - to be replaced with my custom 12 LED, full spectrum, 4 channel fully controlable LED unit (powered by a DIM4 controller)

Filtration: very simple, mesh bag with denitrate stones to give some extra surface area for bacteria.

Skimmer- will add the skimz skimmer once tank is stocked.

Return - uggraded the 200l/hr pump to a 400l/hr.

Below is the start, random live rock to kickstart cycle....

Start of the rock work - inspiration was a tree..below using putty to attched the 2 pieces that make the top....

Using more putty to create trunk....

Final structure....im super happy with it!

Rock and sand going in...

Dirty top view....:tt2:

Final result....

Last edited:
Awesome dude. Whats the total water volume?

Hi, if im not mistaken its about 9L total, but with displacement etc, it took just over 7L when i filled it....:)

Hi.

Just an update. Almost through the cycle. Had some diatoms etc last week...did a nice big water change this weekend.

Nitrate sitting at 5ppm.
Am 0
N02 0

Everything else good.

Also added about 5 stomatella snails to the system....they already cleaned the rocks nicely. :)

Will update pictures soon!

Lights ordered and will hopefully be delivered Friday...

I decided to go with the MicMol Aqua Mini Color.....as I think it is a damn sexy unit....a little ovekill for this tank....but can always use it for future projects! :)

hi im new to this and starting up this may be a stupid question
but i would like to know the rock that you have in the tank that started to have things growing on it .is it just live rock that you left in there and all that stuff started to grow ?
or can any one answer my question

That was dead rock rubble he puttied together.

The things growing on the rocks are called zoas.
They are part of the soft coral family.

Juan has a nice collection of them at the moment.

I am sure Juan will agree with what I just said... :whistling:

so when i go to my LFS should i buy zoas and live rock ?

i see these pics where they just show the rock and then next pic they show all these beauty on it so im thinking is it what grows on the rock or they add these anemone etc on the rock and it grows from there ?

so when i go to my LFS should i buy zoas and live rock ?

i see these pics where they just show the rock and then next pic they show all these beauty on it so im thinking is it what grows on the rock or they add these anemone etc on the rock and it grows from there ?

What Henk said.....:)

Dont buy any zoas or any corals yet.....your tank needs to cycle first before you add stuff to the tank....

The tank is still running....just very dirty at the moment......I will update as soon as possible....

Back
Top Bottom