Joomla!

Reaction score
Any of you IT boffs used this software before.

Is it easy enough for the IT illiterate to use ?

Joomla!

Reaction score
I make all my websites with Joomla warr (puts a bit of extra cash in my student pocket). Whats your question bud?

dallasg

Reaction score
hey, its ok, look at Concrete5 :: Get Started its easier and more fun to use, plus i can develop modules for you for it

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Warr - No - First time I heard of this specific CMS software....
I have worked with some other relatively similar software, called Tibco. Worked very similarly than this Joomla....

I think that "out of the box", with the default templates, it would be quite easy enough.

BUT - the difficult part comes in the customization of the templates for your own usage...

It might be QUITE possible that you might need to know PHP, to modify PHP files, to put in your own logo's, and/or your own forms.....

I am QUITE sure that it has a basic "forms editor" which will allow you to create your own "form" - BUT, being OpenSource, it SHOULD have a LOT of available templates, which SHOULD also give you close to what you want....
CMS systems are VERY interesting indeed - CMS is the "upgrade" of "portals"..... Which allows workgroup communications, workflow designs, document storage and sharing, etc...

dallasg

Reaction score
well i have a web development company, so if u need help gimme a shout

Reaction score
Warren: If you know HTML then you will be able to customize the .CSS style sheets enough to your liking. Also obviously a bit of graphic editing software (I use Photoshop CS3) just to tweak the premade templates so the site is as you want it (you will need this no matter what CMS software you use).

Personally I prefer joomla because of the vast amount of templates available

Reaction score
Thanks Matt, I give it a try.

Dallas, C5 looks a little hectic for me, but thanks for the info.

dallasg

Reaction score
its far easier then joomla, we work with both
c5 allows inline editing of pages with out having to leave the site, sue a backend, etc

but if u need help with joomla or anything web, drop me a line

Reaction score
its far easier then joomla, we work with both
c5 allows inline editing of pages with out having to leave the site, sue a backend, etc

but if u need help with joomla or anything web, drop me a line
Thanks dude :thumbup: