Jones' Innovative Marine Nuvo Micro 30

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to pick up a real bargain last week.
Tank and cabinet are in near perfect condition.
Previous owner had it for just over a year and after giving up on marine, changed to fresh water. Now wanting to immigrate, the setup was sold at a really low price.
It came with a Zetlight 1201, 300w Sicce heater, Refractometer and bunch of other extras, some of which are no use to me as it is for freshwater.

So thrilled to finally get started on my piece of ocean :thumbup:

Tank_zpszystgjbm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Baz
Awesome little tank. Welcome to the hobby :thumbup: We'll need thousands of pics as you setup your tank. ;)

Awesome little tank. Welcome to the hobby :thumbup: We'll need thousands of pics as you setup your tank. ;)

Thanks Viper. will load pics as I progress. Want to start cycling as soon as possible.
Only problem is, previous owner seemed to like green as there was a bit of an algae problem with the fresh water.
I have manged to scrub most of the algae off, but there is a patch on the bottom under the baffles of one side (see pic below) that I can't reach.
I have been running the tank with clean water and a large dose of Tetra Algumin, which came with the sale, to try eliminate it.
Will this work, or should I drain the tank and let the algae dry out, or hire a contortionist to reach there?

I have been running the tank with clean water and a large dose of Tetra Algumin, which came with the sale, to try eliminate it.
Will this work
No idea, I've never used that product so not sure what it does or how effective it is.
or should I drain the tank and let the algae dry out, or hire a contortionist to reach there?
lol. Drying the algae might be an option I guess, dried algae normally peels off fairly easily. Can you get something like a baby bottle brush to get in there, I assume you can get your arm down the back? Although I don't think you need to worry about it too much, pretty sure the salt water will kill it off anyway.

No idea, I've never used that product so not sure what it does or how effective it is.

lol. Drying the algae might be an option I guess, dried algae normally peels off fairly easily. Can you get something like a baby bottle brush to get in there, I assume you can get your arm down the back? Although I don't think you need to worry about it too much, pretty sure the salt water will kill it off anyway.

OK, good to know. Have a bottle brush, somewhere. will drain tonight and try to get as much off as possible. Can get get my arm down but not much space to move around. Will try my best but if the saltwater will kill it off I think I'll be good to go. Thanks Viper:m106:

Yesterday I got some salt, substrate, live and dry rock and a few other things to get started from @Sheldonbh at Marine Aquatics. Started the cyle lastnight. So excited to get things going.

GL1Gph7.jpg
GL1Gph7.jpg

Last edited:
So, I changed my scape...for the 4th time
This time I got some more base rocks and glued them together with Pratley putty.
I created a rough mock up of the tank size using cardboard.
I then used the rule of thirds(dividing the space into 3 equal lines, vertical and horizontal and the creating points of interest where the line intersect -upper right and lower left) for the shaping and design
9DmJden.jpg

2zClG6G.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted some flat areas and some holes and caves, so some breaking and chipping away was required.
bltPUGY.jpg

The completed construction is now placed on the existing live rock in the tank to create another cave.
w9cJ6c2.jpg

Looks Really Nice, I am going to be stealing your rule of thirds idea. Your rock work looks really well balanced and nicely proportioned.

Looks Really Nice, I am going to be stealing your rule of thirds idea. Your rock work looks really well balanced and nicely proportioned.
Thanks Brendon. Go for it, not my idea but I use the concept often in photography and art. Used for the scape after waching 52 Weeks of Reefing, week 11 on you tube. They apply the rule on a much bigger scale, but in the tank, using tape on the front panel. Video below

Just an update on new additions to my tank.

Excuse my temporary refugium, which is a guppy breeder tank from my freshwater days.
Busy designing a proper fuge with lighting for the back comparment.

Hardware:

Innovative Marine SkimMate Drop in Skimmer
Jebao SW 4 wavemaker

Livestock:

3 Feather Duster tube worms
A Rose Bubble tip anemone
Thick branched Green Birdsnest
Birdsnest - Hystrix
Pocillopora
Frogspawn
Green Torch
Lilac hammer