Joe's 60 cube

Reaction score
@Whoknows no problem. If I had to restock this tank I would have stocked as follows:
4 x bartlett's fairy anthias
1 x 6 line wrasse
1 x manderin dragonet
1 x algae eating fish. Maybe something like a flame angel/algae blenny - after doing tons of research as I am not familiar with these fish.

Reaction score
@Whoknows no problem. If I had to restock this tank I would have stocked as follows:
4 x bartlett's fairy anthias
1 x 6 line wrasse
1 x manderin dragonet
1 x algae eating fish. Maybe something like a flame angel/algae blenny - after doing tons of research as I am not familiar with these fish.
Thank you:slayer:this is even better I'm looking for inspiration. I love the coloring on the fairy anthias. So pretty

Reaction score
Hi

Just an update on the nutrient problem. I bit the bullet and picked up a red sea trace colours test kit. Based on the tests over the last week it appears that my iron was very low or bottomed out.

Started dosing some iron and got a good reading today. I will track the consumption over the next couple of days to match that daily.

Also picked up a new frag today. Still thinking about when to post a pic of it. Wait for it to colour up a bit or today? :whistling:

Pavona coral no looking so hot. Moved it to the back to see if it prefers less flow. Will be keeping a close eye on that one

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been a while since I updated. Nutrients still a bit of a problem, but slowly getting it under control. Some corals showed some recession from the tips and with the high nutrients caused some algae growth on the tips. However, the recession has stopped for now.

The new coral I added during November was a Walt Disney Tenuis. This has not coloured up as yet. No signs of stress noted though :)

Also picked up an ApexEL and I have to say I am super happy with the product. Will be picking up a few extra modules over the course of the year - FMM and I/O BoB. FMM will be used for 1 leak detection sensor and 2 Flow meters (UV and Return Pump). The BoB will be used mainly for my RO container.

Finally also busy finishing up the cladding and cabinet for controllers, etc. I hope to have this done soon.

Reaction score
Hi,

Some progress shots of the cladding for the hood and sump

There was a slight problem with the wood for the equipment cabinet. Plan to stop at Builders tomorrow to cut the panels to size.

Seems that my PO4 and NO3 is again dropping to reasonable readings:

Busy with weakly maintenance. I'll try and post of coral pics when I am done.

Reaction score
Almost done with cabinet. Unfortunately will only be able to finish this project from 23 January. I also need a few things to finish mounting controller, energy bars, multi plugs etc. Need to find strong cabinet magnets/magnetic door stops for the cladding and cabinet door.

Reaction score
Caught my cleaner wrasse today as it was aggressively nipping my clams mantle. Has been very bad the last week - clam was completely closed.

Top Bottom