JN Pure RO unit

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Mischif93, 19 Jan 2016.

1. Mischif93

Mischif93

Ok so I'm not sure this is the correct section so sorry about that, just not sure where else to place this.

My friend brought this JN Pure RO unit, now I don't know pretty much anything about RO units except that I think this is a 5 stage system, with the 3 bottom canisters to remove stuff like mud, impurities and bacteria etc in the 3 filters with the 4th stage being the RO membrane and the 5th stage being there to improve the taste (I assume).

Now the filters and RO membrane and everything need to be changed and before going and getting them changed I would like some info before I landup being told I need to spend more money on stuff I don't need.

So this RO unit will be for my marine tanks, so from how I understand it the 5th stage isn't necessary, but if lets say I wanted to also use this unit to produce drinking water and I had the 5th stage, would it still be safe to use in a marine tank?
    I've been reading the different stages and functions of the stages off the suppliers website ( JN PURE WATER SOLUTIONS - RO Purifiers )

Below are photos of the unit.

I'm also not sure how this thing connects or if I'm missing any fittings for this to be connected to a tap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Remove the mineral block part and you are goor to go.

Can add a DI resin as a final stage if you want.

4. Mischif93

Mischif93 Thread Starter

Excellent news, thanks Riaan.

Recent Posts