Jebo tank conversion

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Someone asked me to help them set up this tank for marines. What would be the best way to do it? Can it be drilled for a sump? I’ve been keeping a reef for the past 2 years and know the ins and outs. Just need some suggestions on what would be best and not break the bank. It will be standing at the entrance of a bait and tackle shop.

IMG_9203.JPG

Hey everyone. Someone asked me to help them set up this tank for marines. What would be the best way to do it? Can it be drilled for a sump? I’ve been keeping a reef for the past 2 years and know the ins and outs. Just need some suggestions on what would be best and not break the bank. It will be standing at the entrance of a bait and tackle shop.

IMG_9203.JPG
Hi Jaco. Depends if glass is tempered or not.

Does the cabinet have a solid upright plank in the middle?

EISH...
Making a simple sump setup a bit more difficult and complex.

Would almost be better so sell this tank as is and get a more setup for marines system out of the for sale forum.

If you do 2 part sump, then a straight connector from one tank to the other is not recommended. Rather a S shaped connection, from either the back or front of the one tank, to the other side of the next tank. This way water height and weight differences between the two tanks and the effect it got on the polystyrene would not crack the tanks.

i just drilled this exact tank. i cut the right middle support out and rebuild an new internal frame.. everything fits. drilling back wall was perfect

Back
Top Bottom