Jebo Skimmer Clan

lol

galibore i understand exactly what you sating man, just wish we had some measure against making our mistakes and our wives finding out:lol:

lol

galibore i understand exactly what you sating man, just wish we had some measure against making our mistakes and our wives finding out:lol:

LOL...

My wife started suspecting something when there was a new pump lying around every second day but no mention of the expense...:lol:

You only hear the bad things about a Jebo/Queen skimmer, but I can't say a bad thing about them at all, I had one and it worked like a dream. If you have the right size pump on it and it is fine tuned it works very well
Tank262.jpg

QueenCup.jpg

QueenLid.jpg

Psycho, is that standard without mods? With the normal venturi that is?

You only hear the bad things about a Jebo/Queen skimmer, but I can't say a bad thing about them at all, I had one and it worked like a dream. If you have the right size pump on it and it is fine tuned it works very well
Tank262.jpg

Sorry for the stupid q, but what is that white twirly stuff "two minute noodles " ? I am a nubee, sorry.... I reckon a Jebo can perform well when modified....

To Jebo or not to Jebo

Guys,

I know they are crap as it's been stated ad nauseam.

What I want to know is do they not work at all? Not even with a small setup with a light bioload?

I am at my wits end and am now considering buying one of these again. The previous one I had I didn't really use.

I dont know why they have such a bad reputation, I am using four at the moment. The problem with them is they are difficult to set. And they take about a week to run in.
We solved the problem by putting a control valve on the air intake.
If Jebo did something about their so called "venturi" I think it could be an excellent low cost skimmer.
Perhaps I should drop them a line and see what happens.
For a lightly loaded system no problem, imo.

Last edited:
Gali, Rod isn't to far from you, i'd suggest you go have a lookie at the way he has his jebo's setup.

I think I am winning with this weipro. Will know better tomorrow or so. I will keep it in mind though.

Hi

I know they are crap as it's been stated ad nauseam.

I thought a reminder is in order.

A jebo is crap.:razz:

Peeps seem to think the get consistant and good skimate from some of them when they eventually get them to work.I assure you - you will realize just how poor they skim when you fit something decent to your tank and are in a position to make a comparison. Dont try mods , pumps et al - throwing good money after bad.

i agree with BB,

it might be pulling shit out, but not pulling enough out

Sorry for the stupid q, but what is that white twirly stuff "two minute noodles " ? I am a nubee, sorry.... I reckon a Jebo can perform well when modified....

They are tube worms...

I understand that peeps feel that , when they see a skimmer producing skimate , it is working well. I would accept that a Jebo could work on a small nano tank but some shortcomings will still apply.

A good skimmer comes into it's own when you have a fish or coral death in your tank , or when often as a nuby , your tank is overfed. A good skimmer will skim these excess nutrients out in short time. A poor skimmer will have it's limitations pointed out in these instances.

like it or not this is the skimmer many of us began with..... all i can say is that they are better than the airlift skimmers and an exellent starting skimmer for a limited bioload for beginners..... as they should have a limited bioload.... so again who is to blame? the skimmer for not working (granted its a jebo) or the owner for overstocking?

like it or not this is the skimmer many of us began with..... all i can say is that they are better than the airlift skimmers and an exellent starting skimmer for a limited bioload for beginners..... as they should have a limited bioload.... so again who is to blame? the skimmer for not working (granted its a jebo) or the owner for overstocking?
I think the reason most of us begin the hobby with these skimmers is a total lack of understanding of what this hobby actually costs. Think back......most of us come over from the FW side of the hobby where the most expensive piece of equipment was a canaster filter and a decent one goes for around 1k. Now you move over to the dark side and find a piece of plastic with a pump that blows bubbles can cost up to 10 x that, a decent globe is about R500, i mean who in their right mind pays that amount for a globe and 'how much did you say the rock was'. Its only once you find out how important all the equipment is that you start to spend the money. I feel for some of the LFS owners that are trying to do this properly and steer people in the right direction because there is always the shop down the road that is willing to make the quick buck, and a newbie will fall for it every time.

agreed alan i havent been very popular and have been labelled expensive because of trying to save hobbyists buck and not to mention decrease the death rate of live stock....theres nothing worse than selling a perfectly healthy flame angel or whatever to someone with a system that will collapse due to its ineffeciency of equipment....

i state a price well within reason for the products that i sell and the LFS just makes me and other passionate hobbyists look stupid with our pricing by selling undergravels and airlifts aqua-glo tubes with power-glo combinations.....

very exhausting one of the many reasons i have retired back to a hobbyist outlook i have more clout in an advisory capacity if im not selling anything as the suspected "alterior motive" is now removed from the conversation.....

Ah! That still sounds so familiar;) you want that for a rock! Its very hard being a arm gat in this hobby, then blowing all your rrrs on a jebo tank as well.

Back
Top Bottom