Jebo Skimmer Clan

AndreT

Retired Moderator
Sponsor
Reaction score
Guys,

I know they are crap as it's been stated ad nauseam.

What I want to know is do they not work at all? Not even with a small setup with a light bioload?

I am at my wits end and am now considering buying one of these again. The previous one I had I didn't really use.

hehe, cheer up buddy, we'll get you fixed.

Jebo's can be made to work, let me see if I can find some old pics to show you and explain what I did to mine.

ok, here's one, now you tell me what is wrong with that? Looks pretty ok to me :D

102_0180.jpg

still looking for some more.

Thanks Viper,

But I think I am passed the stage of trying to make something work. I believe fedup would be an appropriate word.

Was searching for Jebo Skimmate just now. Thanks. Yup, looks rather impressive. Was that one standard or modified?

what are you wanting it for dude?

100_0010.jpg

Sorry, can't find any other pics right now, think they are on cd somewhere.

Anyway, all I did was put a limewood airstone into the bottom of the skimmer and ran it off a cheap airpump, the limewood airstones create really fine bubbles which really improve the skimmers performance.

Maybe you could try that with your skimmer?

Stop stressing, we'll get you sorted out.

Thanks Viper.

Nice skimmate that.

This setup is getting to me now. I started planning over 5 months ago I think. Nothing but nothing ever worked the first time on this setup. It's like it's doomed. I will read up on the limewood idea.

Galibore, don't buy one, I am sure I have 2 of them lying around somewhere, could always post one up to you, will give you a free limewood airstone as well :D

This setup is getting to me now. I started planning over 5 months ago I think. Nothing but nothing ever worked the first time on this setup. It's like it's doomed. I will read up on the limewood idea.
no no no, your setup is looking awesome, don't let something like this get you down, we'll get you sorted, I promise.

why not look at the ts1?

Thanks a lot Dean. Appreciate it.

But hold the thought for now. I first want to take some measurements tomorrow. Maybe with a bit of luck and by cutting the one side of my sump I just might (small chance) be able to fir a Reeftek in there.

I will definately let you know though. Damn, if I buy my first real skimmer I will let the whole world know!!

no no no, your setup is looking awesome, don't let something like this get you down, we'll get you sorted, I promise.

Thanks again! You guys have given me a bit of hope again....hehe. I will give it another bash this weekend.

cool, let's first see if we can get your current skimmer to operate.

why not look at the ts1?

Well, two reasons: 1) It won't fit into my sump. 2) I have already spent over R1,000 on trying to make my current one work. If I buy a TS1 now, I will effectively have paid over R2,000 for a R1,000 skimmer. I know this sounds strange, but you know, my wife is auditing all my expenses...lol.

thats some serious skimmate dean,for a jebo.how did you manage to get it to perform that well.and by the way whats a decent size pump to use on it?

I think he added coffee to the mix :lol:

It's all about bubble amount, bubble size and slow flow ;) well in my opinion anyway.

Back
Top Bottom