jean

Reaction score
Good day everyone, I just got a resun 15000(liter ph) wavemaker and was wondering if this may not be too much for my 1.2m (236l) tank. Please offer some advice.

Regards Jean

Reaction score
what are you currently keepin in the tank? the wavemaker goes from full to low flow randomly so its not always high. but it may be a bit much for some softies but i think you should try it and see if your corals complain

Reaction score
Hi Jean, im currently using one on my bow front tank. Fish seem fine with it, tangs even nip algae off the top every now and then.Just keep the strong bursy short.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
welcome.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to MASA Jean, tell us a bit more about your system and post pictures for us... we love those :slayer:

MASA Admin

Reaction score
Welcome to Marine Aquariums of South Africa. Enjoy your stay here...

Reaction score

Thank you for all your advice, I started with marines about 3 months, but have always, eversince I can remember had tropical fish in some bowl or tank of some kind. I have a 100 liter tank I put my Blue damsel in with a Picasso triger (Got the damsel to cycle my tank but got to attached to him to give him back. My main display tank is 1.2m x 450 x 450. Both tanks feed off a 100l sump. I also have a 100l hospital tank. Not much in the display tank (sailfin, lawnmower blenny, pruple tip, 9 cronies and some soft corels)

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Jean - no - it won't be overkill. Remember - the ReSun 15000 Waver has 3 settings - it only stays at a full 15000 l/hour for 10 seconds at a time..... (maximum)..... There is a fellow reefer living in Windhoek who has 2 x ReSun 15000 Waver's in his tank. And he said that since he added these ReSun's, his lifestock perked up wonderfully! Oh yes - he has a 1.2 metre tank as well.

Reaction score
:party::happybday: Sorry, wrong smilies... Anyway, this will always feel like your BIRTHDAY:jiggy:!!! WELCOME Jean!