JBJ 24 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Ghost1987, 10 Oct 2011.

1. Ghost1987

Ghost1987

Hey guys, I hope this is posted in the correct section.

I been browsing the net non stop on the hunt for a decent tank to get started with. I found the JBJ 24 Gallon Deluxe or something like that on Dorrys Pets website.

Would this tank be suitable for a marine setup and is it ready to run or will i need to make some additions to the hardware before i get going?

Sorry for all the questions :) Your advice is greatly appreciated

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. WarrenElvis

WarrenElvis

Hi there.

I am also a newbie here so i thought i could give you a heads up on your question. Also by the way first post here on the site so lets give it up Whoop whoop LOL

I Have a JBJ Nano 24G awesome tank i got from a mate, already had been running for 2 years so quite stable, Hardly have to do to much except regular water changes. Mine has a separate sump as well as helps with stability has protein skimmer with two other filter chambers and filter pump, I run it with a Chiller as well and an inline Saga PH201 Meter. I know Marco from Waterboy helped my mate out with this setup and I spoke to him about a week ago and rember him saying what a wicked setup it was.

So yeah personal exprerience Nano cubes are really awesome. Only trouble is once you get hooked into marine you just wanna go bigger LOL. But by the way with regards to Dorry Pets, i just got off the phone to them as was needing to replace my light bulbs for the Nano, and even though they have listings for the product on the website, they are not keeping the product, so you would have to source else where. So at the moment trying to find stockist.(Anyone elso know please pm me)

Good luck

4. Ghost1987

Ghost1987 Thread Starter

Thanks man. Appreciate the info. I'm stuck between the JBJ and the Boyu. Can get a real good deal on a Boyu if i choose to go that way. Will just need to do more research before I take the dip into the market.

5. Irma

Irma

You can also look at the Aquaria range which is set up with a skimmer and decent lights. The 102L should be landing soon. They are sponsors so check them out. They will be running specials on the tanks when they land so might be worth your while to wait for that.

6. Ghost1987

Ghost1987 Thread Starter

Yea I spoke to them already. They will be giving me a shout when they land...

Recent Posts