Jaun's OCD dream tank

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am now starting to plan my final tank. This is the tank I want to stick to. I sold most of my fish and coral and all the other tanks aren't running anymore because I asked myself, "quantity vs quality." And I Made the choice and went for quality.

Tank:
102cm long
62cm wide
40cm tall

Equipment:
Bubble Magnus curve 5
Jebao jecod 4000lph return
Jebao dp4 doser
Stc1000
300watt heater

Sump:
60cm long
50cm wide
40cm tall
Skimmer area
Refugium area
Return area

Last edited:

RiaanP

Reaction score
What fish will you go for?

Reaction score
I would get larger skimmer if u going sps..curve 7 is better choice

Reaction score
My thinking is the bigger the skimmer the faster the DOCs are renoved from the tank...the smaller the skimmer, all that happens is that it just takes a little longer but still removes DOCs...so nothing wrong..
4age is a sps freak like me so we go big onetime in order to ensure the least nutrients in the tank at all times for the sps...

Reaction score
My thinking is the bigger the skimmer the faster the DOCs are renoved from the tank...the smaller the skimmer, all that happens is that it just takes a little longer but still removes DOCs...so nothing wrong..
4age is a sps freak like me so we go big onetime in order to ensure the least nutrients in the tank at all times for the sps...
I see, will look into getting a bigger skimmer in the future.

Reaction score
If your bioload is not big enough there wont be enough organics to form a proper foam head in a bigger skimmer. So a bigger skimmer is not always better.

Reaction score
Okay so a quick update:

1. I got some red pvc pipe
2. Got my curve 5 and jebao dp4 doser:slayer:

3. The glass shop is busy cutting my glass for my new sump.:thumbup:

4. Draining my current tank tomorrow to make space for the new redo!:swim:

Reaction score

Agreed here however the skimmer is still over rated for his system and if he planning running low nutrient then there won't be a difference in skim eventually between the curve 5 and 7

Reaction score
What lighting are you using?

I am currently busy with a very similar sized 800x400x 350 high and a sump. Also sps only. Running a curve 5 skimmer, 3 part doser, bm reactor, chiller, 3000lph return with 2x rw4 wave makers in the tank. And running kessils. So very keen on your build especially with what lighting You have decided on.

Reaction score
Lighting for the tank:
4x 39watt ati light
20x 3watt diy epistar unit with 60 degree lenses

Stocking ideas: (not the final)
1x copperband butterfly
2x clowns
2x bangai cardinals
1x lawnmower blenny
1x midas blenny

Reaction score
Haven't updated this in a long time:m85:. Got most of the equipment, just need the return pump... Glass will be here by Wednesday and then everything will start coming together:slayer:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jaun_marine Medium Tanks 28
viper357 Full Tank Photo's 26
SterlingAce Medium Tanks 5