Jason's Tank

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Here are a few photo's of my tank
130048ff50710d84a.jpg

130048ff512c1ae64.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Would love some specs. You not a beginner, judging by the age of those clams:)

A very WARM to BOTH JasonP and Deirdre!!

JasonP - please tell us more about your tank? What filtration you are running.... And also show us some pics of your sump, please?

Deirdre - please start a thread to tell us more abouut yourself?

JasonP - please tell us what happened to your life-stock?
How old is your setup?

Hi Guys

My tank has been running for 3 years now & it just seems to start looking good when I either have livestock die or coral!! It is really heartbreaking when it happens as you know. I have also moved it has moved 3 times! I am still new to this so if my description is off then let me know:

285L capacity
1xT5
1X150W Halide
Custom skimmer
Return pump?
UV Sterilizer
Kalk Stirer
Auto top up
2x Seio Circulation pumps

Soft coral: Anenome, Frogspawn, Hammer, Flame coral, 3x clams, 2x brains, various elephant ears, kenya trees etc.

Livestock: 2x clowns, 1x redtooth trigger, 1x picasso trigger, 1x regal tang, 1x volitans lionfish, 2x cleaner shrimps, 1x brittle starfish (monster!) & a few hermits (blue leg)

I hope I haven't embarrassed myself :dft001:[/quote]

Don't you worry - quite a few of us have lost some life stock in the past few weeks... Please tell me exactly what day did loose the lifestock? And exactly what you lost? I lost 13 fish in one day no corals or other inverts.... Puppy (another member) too lost about 23 fish - on the EXACT SAME DAY as me....... :(

Hi new to this help me to advise me how to send a thread being a bit blond sorry.

Hi Deirdre - OK - here are the steps to create a new thread:
1) click on the menu option at the top of the page: Forums
2) select the link named: "New Members" (click on there)
3) once in this link, you will see a link at the top left of the page, saying: New Thread
4) click on this....

Hope you come right - please let me know if you get it right.....

Don't you worry - quite a few of us have lost some life stock in the past few weeks... Please tell me exactly what day did loose the lifestock? And exactly what you lost? I lost 13 fish in one day no corals or other inverts.... Puppy (another member) too lost about 23 fish - on the EXACT SAME DAY as me....... :(

Day? I can't remember. They just seem to go at different times. They'll be eating and then toast the next day!

My system seems stable enough & I drip them for at least an hour so? I m sticking to hardy fish from now on ;)

Jason - your tank sounds great! What are your water parameters?

Not sure dude? I have someone who looks after the tank for me twice a month (water change, cleans the skimmer cup :whistling:

I could never get the hang of those testing kits. The samples are very confusing (colour chart comparisons)

OK - so this happened to new fish you were adding? How long did you drip/acclimatize the fish for?
I normally drip them for about an hour. maybe they will still in shock from transit? The list so far:

batfish
2x clowns
moorish idol
goldenjaw blenni (i think)
cleaner wrasse
fire goby
lionfish
red & white striped jobbie?
pipe fish
naso tang
etc etc

Shame man -- you REALLY lost some AWESOME fish - sorry to hear this.

Perhaps you can tell us where you bought these from? Was it all from the same LFS (local fish shop)?

1 hour SHOULD be good enough - BUT - we have found that the longer we acclimatize the fish/inverts, the better it would be...

Perhaps you can ask this guy/people who come and assist with your tank, what your water parameters are?

Where are you based, if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom