Jason's Tank

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Here are a few photo's of my tank
130048ff50710d84a.jpg

130048ff512c1ae64.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Nice. Would love some specs. You not a beginner, judging by the age of those clams:)

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
A very WARM to BOTH JasonP and Deirdre!!

JasonP - please tell us more about your tank? What filtration you are running.... And also show us some pics of your sump, please?

Deirdre - please start a thread to tell us more abouut yourself?

JasonP - please tell us what happened to your life-stock?
How old is your setup?

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My tank has been running for 3 years now & it just seems to start looking good when I either have livestock die or coral!! It is really heartbreaking when it happens as you know. I have also moved it has moved 3 times! I am still new to this so if my description is off then let me know:

285L capacity
1xT5
1X150W Halide
Custom skimmer
Return pump?
UV Sterilizer
Kalk Stirer
Auto top up
2x Seio Circulation pumps

Soft coral: Anenome, Frogspawn, Hammer, Flame coral, 3x clams, 2x brains, various elephant ears, kenya trees etc.

Livestock: 2x clowns, 1x redtooth trigger, 1x picasso trigger, 1x regal tang, 1x volitans lionfish, 2x cleaner shrimps, 1x brittle starfish (monster!) & a few hermits (blue leg)

I hope I haven't embarrassed myself :dft001:[/quote]

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Don't you worry - quite a few of us have lost some life stock in the past few weeks... Please tell me exactly what day did loose the lifestock? And exactly what you lost? I lost 13 fish in one day no corals or other inverts.... Puppy (another member) too lost about 23 fish - on the EXACT SAME DAY as me....... :(

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi new to this help me to advise me how to send a thread being a bit blond sorry.
Hi Deirdre - OK - here are the steps to create a new thread:
1) click on the menu option at the top of the page: Forums
2) select the link named: "New Members" (click on there)
3) once in this link, you will see a link at the top left of the page, saying: New Thread
4) click on this....

Hope you come right - please let me know if you get it right.....

Reaction score
Don't you worry - quite a few of us have lost some life stock in the past few weeks... Please tell me exactly what day did loose the lifestock? And exactly what you lost? I lost 13 fish in one day no corals or other inverts.... Puppy (another member) too lost about 23 fish - on the EXACT SAME DAY as me....... :(
Day? I can't remember. They just seem to go at different times. They'll be eating and then toast the next day!

My system seems stable enough & I drip them for at least an hour so? I m sticking to hardy fish from now on ;)

Reaction score
Jason - your tank sounds great! What are your water parameters?

Not sure dude? I have someone who looks after the tank for me twice a month (water change, cleans the skimmer cup :whistling:

I could never get the hang of those testing kits. The samples are very confusing (colour chart comparisons)

Reaction score
OK - so this happened to new fish you were adding? How long did you drip/acclimatize the fish for?
I normally drip them for about an hour. maybe they will still in shock from transit? The list so far:

batfish
2x clowns
moorish idol
goldenjaw blenni (i think)
cleaner wrasse
fire goby
lionfish
red & white striped jobbie?
pipe fish
naso tang
etc etc

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Shame man -- you REALLY lost some AWESOME fish - sorry to hear this.

Perhaps you can tell us where you bought these from? Was it all from the same LFS (local fish shop)?

1 hour SHOULD be good enough - BUT - we have found that the longer we acclimatize the fish/inverts, the better it would be...

Perhaps you can ask this guy/people who come and assist with your tank, what your water parameters are?

Where are you based, if you don't mind me asking?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JS Livestock For Sale/Swap 8
Jason Medium Tanks 28
Jason Nano Tanks 56
jaybeepee Large Tanks 46
Jason uncategorised 30