James’s Nano

Hi @Kunhardt , I kinda wanted to do something different with this tank, wanted it super simple and wanted to maximise the small volume of water I had to start with as well as avoid the need for any additional wave makers in the tank (live rock decreases the flow significantly in this small tank and creates dead spots). I also have quite a lot of marine pure in the rear chamber

By the way your tanknis stunning!

Ya I follow your thinking, but could do like a thin singular central pillar or maybe two thin pillars enough that you could get some hight for the sps pieces to stay away from the stinging lps.

Thanks for the complements...my tanks slowly taking shape. :)

F815754F-DCB5-4325-8F4D-5BA36691F29C.jpeg
A73D3415-2290-4EAF-AA08-9784D89628DB.jpeg
Frag tank on the way... picking up two Kessil a350w s on Friday

I’m also considering just filling it with rose bubble tips and letting them split in there, what do you think?

Aaah I wanted those Kessils but he wouldn’t ship them to me in EL. :(

Lol keen to resell them on? :lol:

Haha getting one from Zayn tomorrow, how’d you know?

Lol you said in this thread you were looking for one again. Nice you gettIng one from Zayn. Henrico is helping me out with a frag too...love that chalice!

Lol you said in this thread you were looking for one again. Nice you gettIng one from Zayn. Henrico is helping me out with a frag too...love that chalice!
Lol my bad:m28: The frag that Henrico has is actually from the original colony in my profile pic! He bought the colony from me a while back, which also originally came out of Zayn’s display tank

Lol my bad:m28: The frag that Henrico has is actually from the original colony in my profile pic! He bought the colony from me a while back, which also originally came out of Zayn’s display tank

Awesome! I tried to get Zayn to sell me his colony when I was there in November but he would not budge...managed to persuade him to sell me his Nuclear Paly colony at the time though :D

D3E1A584-2EE0-4C9B-95A0-243A74B7E098.jpeg
99FCA1FD-1B83-4C79-BBF4-4727AEB8983E.jpeg
0FCD9775-6F33-49F5-ACF8-BEC3090A6B60.jpeg
00B39562-9E10-4F38-8C64-AC8B50668A83.jpeg
44C47483-A3E4-4144-9B68-CAB95885627B.jpeg
291EADDF-B868-493A-B7C0-57961BD9B07E.jpeg
A quick pic update - back in stellies for the start of the new semester

The plan is to keep on doing weekly water changes & glass cleaning when I’m home on weekends and keep my hands out of the tank!

Where do you run your alk at?And how much do you drip at a time.I am also dosing manually until my dosing pump is up and running.What do you use?

I tend to keep it between 7 and 9, dripping about 1/16 of a teaspoon of baking soda in RO water.

The little tub of baking soda is almost used up so will probably give the Aqua Forest stuff a try next. Currently, I rely mainly on water changes to keep parameters stable but as stuff grows out I may need to start looking into dosing more frequently. I think a dosing pump would ruin the aesthetic of this setup so may look into getting a 'pump dispenser' type bottle to dose alk and calcium daily in a few months.

untitled33-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom