James’s Red Sea Max Nano

Reaction score
Tank, heater, 1cm black acrylic base and mesh top will be available for sale soon! Everything’s being transferred to a waterbox 20gal.

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve made some progress...

All sps have been stuck to a stunning piece of Fiji rock, just waiting for the waterbox, should be another week or two.

The nuvo 10 and AI prime HD will be up for sale soon

Pics to come tomorrow

Reaction score
69AFEE91-BE67-49C4-87BE-FB6661EC73BA.jpeg
So finally finished setting up this tank. Added a second prime so I won’t have issues with sps. Also not running the included skimmer.

I’ll post pics with the lights on and corals open tomorrow.

Reaction score
Sorry should probably clear this up. It turned out that I couldn’t get a stand for the waterbox in South Africa and Sam’s had 2 RSM nanos in stock, so I grabbed one instead.

Keagan01

Ford!
Reaction score
I think you getting better spread with 2 primes to be honest. U can cover a wider angle and have virtually no dim spots on the sides of your tank. The hydra still has the two light sources fairly close to each other. Whereas with 2 primes u can space them out nicely

Reaction score
I agree and that’s what I was thinking too. However I save mayself a plug with 1 hydra and I may get better light penetration for my sps in the centre? Still undecided...

Keagan01

Ford!
Reaction score
If you want to check out light penetration levels of each, check out the official AI website and compare the two units. Though for a height of 45cm, U will see that the penetration levels of the prime and the hydra and nearly the same. Obviously once we pass 50cm that when you will see the hydra advantage as you start using the extra watts. This is just my 2c.