James’s Red Sea Max Nano

Reaction score
Ok so I got hold of some of those pump dispenser bottles, will follow up on using them in the near future.

For now, anyone know an option to upgrade the return nozzle/plumbing on these tanks? I believe a slightly more 'open' nozzle would allow a little more flow through:)

Reaction score
So the last upgrade I want to make on this tank is adding a better return nozzle. I would love a variable flow one such as the spin stream (provided it doesn't decrease too much water flow) however they don't seem to be available in the country. Any recommendations or suggestions?

@Vleis Visagie the one you showed above looks great but I doubt it will fit through the return hole on the nuvo 10, and may also be a bit close to the water level. Do you still have the stock return setup on your tank?

Vleis Visagie

Be good or be good at it
Reaction score
So the last upgrade I want to make on this tank is adding a better return nozzle. I would love a variable flow one such as the spin stream (provided it doesn't decrease too much water flow) however they don't seem to be available in the country. Any recommendations or suggestions?

@Vleis Visagie the one you showed above looks great but I doubt it will fit through the return hole on the nuvo 10, and may also be a bit close to the water level. Do you still have the stock return setup on your tank?

I am still rolling with the stock duckbell nozzle.. But I ASLO want more random flow. I ordered me a ripoff of the IM Spinflow on Alixpress, gonna be a while before ots here but itll come, i hope. I thinks its called a 360deg spin nozzle.

Im also looking at maybe just adding a JEbao SW2, they seem pretty small.

Edit: Pic
2E1E84EC-A83C-4583-BE35-C6BD5BF91627.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so I’m now very fed up with the stock nozzle on the nuvo 10...

Took it off today and the flow increases dramatically, only issue is that it’s too near the water’s surface so cause splashing.

Anyone know if I can get a standard 45 degree elbow that will fit into the outlet on the tank? Think it’s 10 or 12mm ?