JacquesB's 2 meter reef tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your tank looks awesome jaquesb. Impressive. The water is crystal clear, so the myth might be true about using aptasia as water clarifiers. Honestly its looking great, well done.

Many thanks, Prodigy / Neil! I really appreciate the comments!

:) Thanks Tobes! Yeah - the clam is indeed awesome mate! BTW: Which one you referring to? The blue one, or the "funky one"? ;)

Many thanks for the comment Mudshark - another year of taking test pics will probably do! ;)

Shaun - I will sure try and find that software. Only issue though ;) I use Linux as OS on my laptop! :p

Clinton / Max - many thanks for the awesome comments.....

The pics does indeed make the tank look great. Unfortunately, the aptaisia irritates the HELL out of me! BUT - that is soon going to be HISTORY! And THEN my tank is going to look SUPER AWESOME!

LOL Sentari - thanks man :) I will take one at some stage ;) I just need to convince myself "that the aptaisia does not look THAT BAD"....

Keyaam - I am moving during the last half of October.

Imarine - thanks man. Thanks for the great comment. BUT, tank WILL look a 1000 times better AFTER my move. Going to change the way I do things SLIGHTLY... :)

Hi everyone - sorry that I have been extremely scarce on MASA. I had a wee bit on my plate for the last few weeks, and just had to take a break.

Danimal - I am soon going to start a new thread.

We are moving house the 24th to 27th of October. At that stage, my 2 metre reef tank will the "broken down". (and completely redone).

So - I will start a completely new thread when I have gotten the whole move thing out of the way.

Please be patient ;)

I promise that the next version of my 2 metre reef tank will be a complete STUNNER!

jacquesb great pics and great specimens

Get finished with the move and get on with that tank!!!

just for the S M when you guys post pics can put names of the specimens so us new children can learn what they are please

jacquesb great pics and great specimens

Get finished with the move and get on with that tank!!!

just for the S M when you guys post pics can put names of the specimens so us new children can learn what they are please

LOL! Thanks David for the comments. And yes. I for one, will sure try and remember to do this for everyone's sake.

Good luck for the move this weekend Jacques! Hope all goes well. What are you doing with your LS while moving or have you built a new tank on the other side?

Hi JD - no - no new tank. I do have a bank of fish holding tanks, which will become my new sump (this should add about 600 litres of water to my total system water volume).
I will be setting this system up first off - and do some "force cycling" (by dosing some vodka and a LOT of bacteria)....
This will happen the Saturday.
Then, on the Sunday, I will move my 2 tanks over to the new house. I will house all my lifestock in the new "sump" (fish holding tanks) until I have set up my "new tank" ;)
This might be a day or two.

I KNOW that my tank will go through some more cycling, but, I will have about 2 square metres worth of chaetomorpha to help, as well as my monster skimmer. And about 100kg's worth of live rock.

Make sure you cook those rocks, and cane the Aiptasia ;)

Good luck with the move Jacques. How do you plan on getting rid of the Aiptasia?

Thanks okes - Andreas/Warr - I will not have THAT much life rock in my tank (in the new setup).
The life rock that I WILL place inside my tank will be manually scrubbed....... hard labour..... and then washed off in some old tank water.....

Warren - My rocks does not need a lot of cooking - I don't have a major issue with nuisance hair algae..... so - not necessary to "cook" the rocks ;)

And this thread will be closed now - until next week. I will then start my new tank thread....... ;)

Thanks everyone who have shared this journey with me. Now - it is time for a new book/journey to start......... :thumbup: :yeahdude: :slayer: :slayer: :biggrin: :biggrin:

All the best Jacques. Believe me, it is a pain. I had a hectic time. Still busy with mine. I suggest also adding some Zeolites to help rid off Amonia and Nitrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom