Jaco's 3 Story weaning School

Eish... I tried my best to prevent this , but you guys are pushing me into a corner here...

The good news is that the Mandrins started to wean off...

but...

The bad news is that in July we had an 8 hour power failure, which started at about 22h00 - and I was asleep...

Needless to say, in the middle of winter, the water temp dropped to 9degrees and the mandarin's didn't survive...

I was so heartbroken I took down the tanks, and just has not gotten around to it again... It is a lot of work, and was just starting to pay off, then they died, and I could not do anything about it...

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I still have the tanks, and I still have the receipe that seemed to work, so soon I will try again - promise.

PS: One should really invest in backup power, not just a generator, but automated backup energy - it just helps alot more in winter time. Had this happen in summer at least the temp would have been fine...

Hi Jaco, I anly say the thread now, but sorry to hear about the loss. I got the opposite problem here in Rbay in the summer, yesterday the temp was 34deg, and my qt tank in the garage is hard work maintaing the temp without a chiller.

Regrads the manderins, a friend told me of his that adapted to pellets that roll across the substrate, when he used to feed his fish, his manderin would get into a hunting position, and then wait for the pellets to roll across the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom