Jaak's 2m Reef - Whoop Whoop

Discussion in 'Large Tanks' started by Jaak, 24 Oct 2009.

1. Jaak

Jaak

Ahoy,

After my 1.2 aqua h2o piece of cr@p cracked 3 weeks ago, I decided that I may as well look at upgrading to a larger system. I initially wanted to go 1500x800x700 but the space I have available just will not work with a depth of 800. No worries though as I thought I'll only really start building the tank around December and set it up in January after our December holiday.
    Well, that's exactly what did not happen. Instead I was looking through the hardware section in the week and saw that Zookeeper (Aashiq) is selling his tank. I saw the price and thought, that's obviously just for the tank and nothing else. Now I know Zookeeper's tank and I gave him a call. I went to go look at it on Thursday evening and the dimensions of the tank will just work perfectly in my allocated space! I decided to buy it right there and then as the tank comes with a 1.2 sump, stand, cabinet and canopy and free delivery!! Zookeeper, you're the man!!!
    The dimension of the tank are as follows: 2000x60x65 and the sump is 1200x450x450 giving me a total water volume of 1023l!! Taking LR, etc into account it will obviously be around 900l, more tan double my previous system. I'm sure my Tangs will be super stoked with the new tank. The wife still does know what hit her!! ha ha ha...

I don't have any pics of my new baby yet as we're only moving her over on Monday evening due to some logistical issues. :(

My plan is to keep a mixed reef like I did in my previous system with some SPS and loads of rics and zoas and some other softies with the odd LPS here and there. From a lighting point of view I'll just diy my 4 x 54w T5's and 2 x 39w T5's to the system until I upgrade the lighting next year. The plan is to just set it up in the next week or two and just let it run through it's cycle until we come back from our December Holiday. All my LS is enjoying life in their hotel at gawiedj's place! Thanks Gawie!! So there's no rush to get it done soon. I might just add a clean up crew before we go away, nothing much for the house sitter to worry about...:thumbup:

I'm just stoked to share the news with you guys and I'm looking forward to go on this journey again as i'm having SERIOUS withdrawal symptoms since my tank burst.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

Great news...you will love the bigger system...your fish too:biggrin:

Well done jaak...now your ric's collection can grow even bigger:)

4. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

Thanks Lanzo!! My wave maker collection is also going to grow, not to mention a new skimmer, etc...:)

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Nice Jaak :thumbup:

Sounds like a good setup, nice tank size too. Your tangs are going to be in heaven with all that swimming space.

6. Fishy Steve

Fishy Steve Hiden super user

Sweet size. Had a feeling it would b 2 difficult 2 wait. Wife's gonna get a nice. Suprise. Just got a new job so looking at upgrading aswell. Good luck

7. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

too true bud...wife is going to love you when you come back with a skimmer costing >R5000 and flowers for her:lol:

8. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

Nice one Steve!!! Wife knows it's coming...

9. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

Flowers!!?? You mean GUESS handbag, PRADA sunglasses, etc...:whistling:

10. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

.....flowers will do:p

11. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Jaak...Lekker...Your fish is going to enjoy the extra length, specially your Y/T...

12. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

I know! I can't wait to put them all in their new palace. I was thinking about selling my fully grown yellow tang and buying 2 or 3 small ones that can grow up together...

13. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

I'm going to be painting the back pane black. Which paint is best to use? How should it be applied to the outside? I remember Leslie explaining how to do it in a thread somewhere but for the life in me I can't remember which thread...

14. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

This is what I used - What color should back panel of tank be? - Page 2 - All Other Hardware

15. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

16. Zombie_CT

Zombie_CT

Jaak, glad to hear you got a new tank, cant wait to see it running.

17. toppdogg

toppdogg

jaak good luck with new tank being without one is painfull i dont think any of us reefers can wait for anything enjoy

18. IMarine

IMarine

all the best bra

19. Jaak

Jaak Thread Starter

Thanks guys!! Well, we moved the tank into my house tonight, what a friggin mission!!!!!!!!!!!! Geesh, that's the last time I move such a big tank! I can just imagine what jacquesb is busy going through moving house and his 2m and his 1.2m!!!! A HUGE thanks to gawiedj and Zookeeper for helping me carry and transport this bad boy to my house!!!!!! You guys ROCK!
    My wife's expression when we walked in with the stand was absolutely priceless!!:lol::lol::lol: If the camera did not grow a pair of feet, I would've definitely have taken a photo of her expression! My timing was perfect, she was holding our baby boy who was sleeping and the guys were there for backup in case this went south.:thumbup: Only kidding though, when you explain to them how big it is it never seems to sink in until they see the actual tank! All is good though, no worries.

I'll be getting my new camera next week then I'll update with some pics, so don't ask for any...:razz:

20. Gawiedj

Gawiedj

I'll forward my chiropractor bill....;):p

21. Johan van Aardt

Johan van Aardt I love marines [R.I.P.]

Sorry for not making it guys only got the message 15 mins ago

Recent Posts