J.C. The mixed reef...

Reaction score
Now the journey really begins. No more lurking and reading only, but actually getting down to create my own little reef at home for the family, friends and myself to marvel at and enjoy. The tank has been purchased, however I am waiting for it to be built and sent up to JHB from Cape Town. No need to just sit around, as I can start creating an aquascape. So today I started, figuring out what I want, like, but more importantly what is realistic, and gives the best all round look as well as leaving ample space for corals. A lot hoarded to do than I thought.

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_133603.jpg
    IMG_20211107_133603.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20211107-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20211107-WA0004.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-20211107-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20211107-WA0006.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20211107-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20211107-WA0009.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
You guys are to creative for my liking...lol. Just pile the rocks up man. In the ocean there's no magic Mike glueing rocks together:tt2:

Enjoy man. It's going to be awsome journey

Reaction score
You guys are to creative for my liking...lol. Just pile the rocks up man. In the ocean there's no magic Mike glueing rocks together:tt2:

Enjoy man. It's going to be awsome journey

lol I just want something a little more unique than stacking rocks. So these are just idea's not sure if it will be what I finally put in the tank, time will tell. Thank you, cannot wait to start with the tank...

Reaction score
Were about in Ranburg are you? Im also in Randburg. Want to come and have a look at your tank once its up and running :1:

Reaction score
Ok so a lot has happened since the 2nd November. I have gotten my tank, cycled it, and added a few critters. I am trying my hand at a YouTube channel. I love and enjoy photography and videography, so heck why not try. So far I have uploaded an little introduction to my tank. If interested, go have a peek and please feel free to offer some feedback.

My little channel below !!!!
JC's Reef

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Ok so a lot has happened since the 2nd November. I have gotten my tank, cycled it, and added a few critters. I am trying my hand at a YouTube channel. I love and enjoy photography and videography, so heck why not try. So far I have uploaded an little introduction to my tank. If interested, go have a peek and please feel free to offer some feedback.

My little channel below !!!!
JC's Reef
Loved the video, quality was great

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know i have not done video updates or mentioned anything here, it has been a rough month, with the ugly stage going on, which was expected, but really boring shooting ugly stuff and really who cares about it, it was going to happen

However, the very worst happened, and in the last 4 days lost all my fish. I am 99% sure it has been velvet, and so the die off was fast a vicious. I really am at a loss for what to say, and do. I will have to now wait 90 days or so, and will concentrate on my corals, bio load etc and move along. So it might be a while before I post anything, but I will not give up...

Reaction score
Sorry to read about your losses man.....We all have been through this. Can only get better from here on. Remember those first words i told you when you bought fish? QT...... It's the only way if you want to keep fish. Otherwise you might aswell just keep coral. Very few people got away without QT. It eventually catch up with one. I've played that NO QT game twice......I lost both times. Hang in there. Im happy to help you if you want to stock up fish again to qt and direct you in the right direction so one can try and minimize losses.

Reaction score
Sorry to read about your losses man.....We all have been through this. Can only get better from here on. Remember those first words i told you when you bought fish? QT...... It's the only way if you want to keep fish. Otherwise you might aswell just keep coral. Very few people got away without QT. It eventually catch up with one. I've played that NO QT game twice......I lost both times. Hang in there. Im happy to help you if you want to stock up fish again to qt and direct you in the right direction so one can try and minimize losses.
Thanks boetie. I know where it went wrong or at least I am 90% sure. I will be honest and say I am a little miff about it, but realised what I was doing and how I was doing it. Excitement got the best of me. For the time being I will concentrate on corals and just take it easy. I love fish but will need to wait and be patient now.

Reaction score
Hows the ugly phase going? What algae do you have?
That has finally started to go away. Hair algea is subsiding and there is a little green algea. Very little red cyano as well but going away. So starting to come right very nicely and I have not added any chemicals because I just don't want too. The tank is as natural as a tank can be for now and want to keep it that way

Last edited:
Top Bottom