Its Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, came online just for this(thanks viper, was worried for a second that you were being serious-big softy:razz:), have another thread for this skimmer but i thought i would just post this in a new one for now then maybe we could move it over later:whistling:

anyway, after a trips to shiks to see the tank(very nice start), i got the bug to actually ignore the studying that was necessary(woke up at 9:30 for an exam at 9:00-oops), i decided my beast needed to be put to the test, off to the ocean i went, R40 later after two very helpfull sand castle builders so unfreely offered their help, i had 300litres of nice dirty sea water loaded up.
104749664a8820639.jpg

Did a water change in the tank with some clean NSW and put the tang-poo filled water into the plastic container that will be my beasts pozzie for a day or two. Then filled up as much of it as i could with the new dirty water and Turned the beast on, and.....

nothing. *!*?*. oops, there is a bit of air in the props so they wont start. easy fix, then i turned it on, again:p
And BEHOLD!!!!
104749664add52f20.jpg

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!
104749664b1b24e64.jpg

I have a white xmas at last:)(xmas was spent studying:()
The bubbles are minute and fill the entire body of the skimmer save for about 3cms at the bottom which i attempted to make a plan for but in the end it worked itself out:) The skimmer needs a bit of tinkering, i have a fair bit of bubbles coming out of the output so i will extend the outlet at the bottom of the skimmer a bit(luckily i planed for this) and that will solve that. I had big dreams for this fella so i just hope it pulls through in the end cause its going to need to be able to skim a hell of a lot of poo, need my SPS to thrive in the 2m with a heavy bioload. Anyway, will post a movie to show it in action(as soon as i can figure out how to from photobucket), please excuse the idiot in the movie, i was a bit giddy at the fact that it was actually working after ages of it sitting dry and bored. I hope the run in period is short cause i feel like a double expresso:p

awesome! cant wait to see it on the main system

"It's alive" you say, how about it's good to see YOU'RE ALIVE!!! :p

Good work Buddy :thumbup:, great work there. Hope it fulfills your dreams and hopes ;)

Cool, good to see you back, how'd the studying go?
ok i guess, tanned one paper, got frazzled my todays cause i wrote it two hours late in the sweltering heat:( but we'll see. on for tonight only then viper is gonna ban me again till monday-lucky fellow, banned me twice now, he must get a serious kick out of it:)
awesome! cant wait to see it on the main system
me too bud
nice one mate
shot man

I told you i was offline, sheesh, you just hear free algae blenny+NSW+lavender tang and your brain goes to mush:razz: i hope so too, i really hope so

I'm taking it real slow with my new setup, those fish destined for my tank will have to wait a while. By that time they probably bread already in your sump and then you'll sit with a lavender blenny or something like that :p

ok i guess, tanned one paper, got frazzled my todays cause i wrote it two hours late in the sweltering heat:( but we'll see. on for tonight only then viper is gonna ban me again till monday-lucky fellow, banned me twice now, he must get a serious kick out of it:)

Hey, i can ban people too you know, why let grumpy have all the fun:razz:

Good to see you back, even briefly:lol:

I'm taking it real slow with my new setup, those fish destined for my tank will have to wait a while. By that time they probably bread already in your sump and then you'll sit with a lavender blenny or something like that :p
or a blenny tang? could be, nut they will wait for you, they are understanding;)

Like your avatar ;)

holy crap, way cool

thats the cleanest bucket of water in SA

ScubaNinja
Extra Virgin H2O
Bottled at source

Back
Top Bottom