Its Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, came online just for this(thanks viper, was worried for a second that you were being serious-big softy:razz:), have another thread for this skimmer but i thought i would just post this in a new one for now then maybe we could move it over later:whistling:

anyway, after a trips to shiks to see the tank(very nice start), i got the bug to actually ignore the studying that was necessary(woke up at 9:30 for an exam at 9:00-oops), i decided my beast needed to be put to the test, off to the ocean i went, R40 later after two very helpfull sand castle builders so unfreely offered their help, i had 300litres of nice dirty sea water loaded up.
104749664a8820639.jpg

Did a water change in the tank with some clean NSW and put the tang-poo filled water into the plastic container that will be my beasts pozzie for a day or two. Then filled up as much of it as i could with the new dirty water and Turned the beast on, and.....

nothing. *!*?*. oops, there is a bit of air in the props so they wont start. easy fix, then i turned it on, again:p
And BEHOLD!!!!
104749664add52f20.jpg

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!
104749664b1b24e64.jpg

I have a white xmas at last:)(xmas was spent studying:()
The bubbles are minute and fill the entire body of the skimmer save for about 3cms at the bottom which i attempted to make a plan for but in the end it worked itself out:) The skimmer needs a bit of tinkering, i have a fair bit of bubbles coming out of the output so i will extend the outlet at the bottom of the skimmer a bit(luckily i planed for this) and that will solve that. I had big dreams for this fella so i just hope it pulls through in the end cause its going to need to be able to skim a hell of a lot of poo, need my SPS to thrive in the 2m with a heavy bioload. Anyway, will post a movie to show it in action(as soon as i can figure out how to from photobucket), please excuse the idiot in the movie, i was a bit giddy at the fact that it was actually working after ages of it sitting dry and bored. I hope the run in period is short cause i feel like a double expresso:p

dallasg

Reaction score
awesome! cant wait to see it on the main system

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
"It's alive" you say, how about it's good to see YOU'RE ALIVE!!! :p

Good work Buddy :thumbup:, great work there. Hope it fulfills your dreams and hopes ;)

Reaction score
Cool, good to see you back, how'd the studying go?
ok i guess, tanned one paper, got frazzled my todays cause i wrote it two hours late in the sweltering heat:( but we'll see. on for tonight only then viper is gonna ban me again till monday-lucky fellow, banned me twice now, he must get a serious kick out of it:)
awesome! cant wait to see it on the main system
me too bud
nice one mate
shot man

Reaction score
"It's alive" you say, how about it's good to see YOU'RE ALIVE!!! :p

Good work Buddy :thumbup:, great work there. Hope it fulfills your dreams and hopes ;)
I told you i was offline, sheesh, you just hear free algae blenny+NSW+lavender tang and your brain goes to mush:razz: i hope so too, i really hope so

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I told you i was offline, sheesh, you just hear free algae blenny+NSW+lavender tang and your brain goes to mush:razz: i hope so too, i really hope so
I'm taking it real slow with my new setup, those fish destined for my tank will have to wait a while. By that time they probably bread already in your sump and then you'll sit with a lavender blenny or something like that :p

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
ok i guess, tanned one paper, got frazzled my todays cause i wrote it two hours late in the sweltering heat:( but we'll see. on for tonight only then viper is gonna ban me again till monday-lucky fellow, banned me twice now, he must get a serious kick out of it:)
Hey, i can ban people too you know, why let grumpy have all the fun:razz:

Good to see you back, even briefly:lol:

Reaction score
I'm taking it real slow with my new setup, those fish destined for my tank will have to wait a while. By that time they probably bread already in your sump and then you'll sit with a lavender blenny or something like that :p
or a blenny tang? could be, nut they will wait for you, they are understanding;)

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Like your avatar ;)

dallasg

Reaction score
holy crap, way cool

thats the cleanest bucket of water in SA

dallasg

Reaction score
ScubaNinja
Extra Virgin H2O