It's alive........

Reaction score
:) :) :) :) :)

I am so amazed, my tank has really come alive over the last three days.

In week three of my cycling and the live rock has started to show some serious signs of life.

Little things growing all over them.
Small worms crawling around
Feather like things growing on the rocks.
Even a swimming organism - not sure if a worm?

Went to buy a magnify glass yesterday to inspect these creatures ;)

Can't wait for next surprise...

Peanut,

That's great. The swimming organism could be a pod.
Of course you know what the next question will be :
Where the pics ?

Pod??

Pics will come over week-end. (going to look at cost of getting macro lens for camera)

Between having to cook dinner, bath and put 16-month daugther to sleep at night, not much time for hobby's - besides staring in awe at tank coming alive....:razz:

naggg peanut you dont want the things mouse breeds:(

but it really is great to hear your tanks comming out, soem of my fav zoa's came as hitchhikers, theres something really spevcial about seeing your first desirable life come out the LR:)

Pod??

Pics will come over week-end. (going to look at cost of getting macro lens for camera)

Between having to cook dinner, bath and put 16-month daugther to sleep at night, not much time for hobby's - besides staring in awe at tank coming alive....:razz:
pods are small crustacean like things that do great work at eating rubbish and feeding fish:) kind of look like see through water fleas:) come in a number of species:) in all u want lots of em!

dont worry, we accept pics taken with normal lenses to, no macro is no excuse:)

Don't suppose you've seen a set of freaky eyes and long feelers? :lol::lol:

Well Peanut, if you do happen to be unfortunate enough to find one (or more) of these critters in your tank, you know who to call ......Mouse Mantis Exterminator
Extraordinaire !

BTW Mouse : You should be able to write a very successful book on Mantis extermination by now.... he he he

Here is a pic of my tank a week ago.

1_Upload_6.JPG

very different now - much more brown algea growing on sand & on live rock.

As promised, pics to follow this week-end.

Here is a pic of my tank a week ago.

1_Upload_6.JPG

very different now - much more brown algea growing on sand & on live rock.

As promised, pics to follow this week-end.

Very very nice Peanut. Cool LR shapes
If I can get my tank to look like yours by next week I'll be happy.

BTW: What LR did you get ? (Kenyan, Fidji etc.)

Looking good so far!:thumbup: Just don't make the same mistake as I did, when the first small green anemone looking thing or small green bubble appear DO NOT pamper and ooh or ah it- get rid of it in a appropriate manner!!killkanga

Back
Top Bottom