It may be i'm patriotic or I just really like acans.

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by pkc, 5 Jan 2014.

1. pkc

pkc

Yeh I know I am on about acans again,lol.
    I never thought much of these very common local corals in the past, but once I figured out how to get one coloured acan to expand up to 8 colours in one cluster, it gets real interesting.
    They always amaze me with their actions of expansion/contraction when feeding and polyp production, they are truly something special and they are a local auzy growing like crazy with in two hours from home.

The colours that can be made to exist with in these corals are astounding.
    This is the one from some months back that was not in water for two days and it has finished its colouring up from stressed to the eye balls, well I would think so, it surely can’t take on more!
    [​IMG]

This is a classic example of polyp expansion.
    Acan feeding
    [​IMG]

Polyp contraction.
    Finished
    [​IMG]

Out of xenias,stags,plate,scoli,fans,etc etc,the acans give the tank serious colour, far beyond what the others can achieve!
    Its funny the tanks colour content looks massive at feeding time and later on its like half or every one has cleared out,lol.
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bendor

Bendor

Kick ass tank. I love acans but they slowly wither and disappear in my tank. I've made some changes and might try them again. The few polyps that were left on my one acan seems to be recovering. Very jealous!

4. pkc

pkc Thread Starter

Recent Posts